Family Ministries Assistant Pastor, specializing in Junior and Senior Highschool Students
PURPOSE: To serve Skyview Presbyterian Church (SPC) in ministry and life with an emphasis on developing, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive youth (middle/high school) and family program focused on discipleship, balanced with fellowship, service, and mission opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Must abide by duties and responsibilities in Scripture, the Presbyterian Church of America (PCA’s) Book of Church Order (BCO), and SPC’s Bylaws and policies.)
- Evaluate SPC’s current student ministry, provide recommendations, and implement steps to accomplish goals for current and future student and family ministry.
- Provide oversight to our covenant children’s ministry pipeline and support the growth of this group by cultivating relationships within the church and the local community.
- Create and grow relationships with current ministry leaders, students, and their families.
- Build a process in the student ministry that produces a healthy culture of disciple-making.
- Teach and oversee various youth Sunday School classes and small group Bible studies.
- Lead effective student growth through discipleship, fellowship, worship, bible studies, evangelism, mission opportunities, and community service.
- Engage regularly with SPC’s students and their families through fun activities and relationship building initiatives, including the strengthening of relationships between covenant families.
- Establish healthy, effective, and efficient communication channels with parents to encourage their student’s faith, growth, and participation in student activities.
- Plan, organize, and implement the weekly student gatherings.
- Proactively plan out the student calendar to develop community, relationships, fellowship, and spiritual growth.
- Assist church leadership in recruiting, mentoring, and equipping volunteers to support the student ministry.
- Train and equip others to connect with the students and their families in Assistant Pastor’s absence.
- Regularly update parents on ministry strategies and plans to encourage parental involvement.
- Participate in Presbytery youth retreats, and other regional youth activities.
- Help lead worship as needed.
- Serve as pulpit supply for the Senior Pastor as needed.
- The Executive Staff, and/or the Session, may assign other responsibilities.
- Must be able to pass Rocky Mountain Presbytery’s ordination requirements and procedures (BCO 21-4).
- Must be able to affirm the Questions for Ordination as stated in our denomination’s Book of Church Order (BCO 21-5). See also 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Must have a maturing faith centered on the glory of God and the doctrines of grace.
- Must be gifted in relating to youth and families.
- Must be a person of integrity and above reproach when interacting with youth and their families.
- Must exhibit healthy boundaries with youth and their families (accountability, physical and time boundaries, social media boundaries, etc.).
- Must pass a background check and successfully complete SPC’s Youth Screening process.
- Must have at least 3 years of significant and successful experience in developing youth ministries, paid or unpaid.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with a vision and passion to connect and to disciple youth.
- Must be able to maintain trust and biblical confidentiality.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Skyview Presbyterian Church PCA
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Skyview is a PCA church of 175 members and attenders. We are part of the Rocky Mountain Presbytery. We are situated in the South Metro Denver in the city of Centennial, Colorado.Apply Online Contact Via Email