Last updated: May 19, 2021
Reformed Theological Seminary, a Mississippi non-profit corporation (“us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the https://rts.edu website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information when you access or use the Service.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Service.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and the Service.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us.
- Any third party, including any site or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Information Collection and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of Service, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your marital status, gender, and church attendance; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Service, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser type, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Service may include information provided when you fill out an online form or application, subscribe to a service, register through a portal, send messages, or make an online request. We may also ask you for information when you contact us to make an inquiry, report a problem, or for any other purpose. If you contact us, we may keep records and copies of your correspondence.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Service, or transmitted to other users of the Service or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We do not have control over third parties who view your User Contributions and assume no responsibility or liability for their actions.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to the Services and information about your computer and internet connection.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). See the “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section of this policy for information on how you can opt out of some behavioral tracking on the Service and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable users to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve the Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate usage patterns and recognize you when you return to the Service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Tracking Pixels. Pages of the Service may contain small electronic files known as tracking pixels (also referred to as web beacons, clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We may also use tracking pixels to display Reformed Theological Seminary advertising on social media platforms and other third-party websites that you visit.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie information we automatically collect to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products or services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see the “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section of this policy.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our operations and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a successor in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held by us about the Service’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our faculty, our students, or others.
Choices About Your Information
The following are mechanisms that provide you with certain control over your information:
- Opt-Out of Promotions from Us. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our products or services to you, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Social media platforms and other third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used to serve interest-based advertising. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reformed Theological Seminary
5422 Clinton Blvd.
Jackson, MS 39209-3004