Faculty Opening in Counseling
Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty appointment at the level of Assistant, Associate, or full Professor of Counseling, available from summer 2023. Area of specialization is open. The Search Committee will begin its work immediately to fill this position. Primary responsibilities will include teaching courses in the CACREP-accredited Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) degree program.
The qualified candidate will:
- have a PhD in Counselor Education (or be ABD) or have a related doctoral degree and have been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year before July 1, 2023
- possess clinical supervisory experience
- possess mental health counseling licensure or eligibility for licensure in Florida
- demonstrate a concern for ministry in the church as well as professional mental health counseling
- desire a collaborative and unified pedagogical relationship with fellow RTS faculty
- be committed to Reformed theology as expressed in the Westminster Standards
- be competent in speaking theologically about and commending Christian counseling.
Some combination of other qualifications may mark out exceptional candidates, such as:
- ability in or potential for scholarship
- teaching experience in higher education (especially in a CACREP-accredited program)
- other vocational ministry experience.
We especially encourage female and ethnic minority candidates to apply.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to Michael Allen, Academic Dean: email@example.com.
Reformed Theological Seminary
Contact Name & Contact Info
Dr. Michael Allen
Description of Organization
Rooted in biblical fidelity, confessional integrity, academic excellence, and spiritual growth, the purpose of Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) is to serve the church in all branches of evangelical Christianity, especially the Presbyterian and Reformed family, by preparing its leaders, with a priority on pastors, and including missionaries, educators, counselors, and others through a program of theological education on the graduate level, based upon the authority of the inerrant Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Bible, and committed to the Reformed faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.
RTS Orlando serves the diverse and vibrant metropolitan area of central Florida. We are committed to the classroom and to preparing servants for gospel ministry and counselors for licensed, professional service that complements the ministry of local churches. The MAC program prepares men and women for service as licensed counselors in providing theologically informed, biblically rooted soul care that makes wise use of all legitimate therapeutic resources. The program is CACREP accredited, cohort based, and fully residential. The Orlando campus provides excellent opportunities to develop relationships with students and faculty and to immerse yourself in a local congregation (of which there are many options) and to connect with many national and international ministries. Our faculty are committed to biblical fidelity, confessional integrity, and academic excellence in all our programs, and our degree programs are intended to develop mature men and women for life and ministry here and around the globe. We operate the Oviedo Counseling Clinic on campus, where our counseling students gain supervised clinical experience.Contact Via Email