Director of Youth Ministry
Church of the Atonement is seeking a full time Director of Youth Ministries to work alongside our NextGen ministry to see our students follow Jesus for a lifetime. We are seeing exciting growth in our middle and high school programs, and believing that church youth ministry plays an important role in helping our students cultivate a love for Christ, we are ready to move into the next phase of ministry.
Led by the Holy Spirit, the new Director of Youth Ministries will partner with our church, our families, and our ministry teams, to assist in the discipleship of our students.
We seek a person that senses a call to establish and invest in relationships with our students; that will shepherd our students and ministry team; lead by example what it means to follow Christ; help recruit and support our programs; and help train and support all involved in the youth ministry.
For a detailed job description and church profile, please see: atonementlife.org/youthdirector
- Has obtained a bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience in a related field [Required]
- Possesses a deep passion for discipleship to Jesus in the lives of students [Required]
- Prior experience leading middle schoolers and high schoolers
- An understanding of cultural trends and issues impacting students today
- A philosophy of student ministry that values both deep discipleship and evangelistic programming
- Entrepreneurial and creative leadership qualities
- Experience recruiting and managing a volunteer team
- Ability to teach Biblical and theological truths in age appropriate ways
- Ability to work with others and maintain positive, loyal relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences
- Works with integrity, discernment, and wisdom with student relationships
Church of the Atonement
Contact Name & Contact Info
Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church (ARP)
Silver Spring, MD
Description of Organization
A person can know a church by the commitments it keeps. Presbyterian Church of the Atonement was planted in 1947 in Wheaton, Maryland, as surrounding farmland was turned into housing for a booming post-war community. The motivation was missional, the result of a strategy to ring Washington,
D.C., with evangelical Presbyterian Churches. Three core commitments were foundational to the church at that time and still are today: To the full authority of Scripture and to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to outreach at home and missions abroad, and to the community in which the church was planted.
Our 300-member church represents more than 20 different nations of origin. Please see our full church profile at www.atonementlife.org/youthdirector .Apply Online Contact Via Email