Director of Music Ministries
- A full-time position. Ordination not required, but if qualified to be ordained in the PCA, a call will be issued as an Assistant Pastor.
- Develop and maintain the biblical foundation and practice for all areas of the church and school’s music ministry.
- ZPC Worship Ministry
- Planning Music and Musicians. Cooperate in planning music for ZPC Services (Sunday worship and special services) with the pastoral staff. Organize musicians for these services, including developing the musical gifts of individuals within the congregation. ZPC’s worship is blended and uses a mix of contemporary songs as well as historic hymns.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to run the sound system on Sunday Morning.
- Seasonal Adult Choir (Christmas and Easter). Choose music to complement our preaching series, find new music appropriate for our personnel, recruit new choir members, run weekly choir practice, etc.
- Work with the children on Sunday mornings to incorporate them in singing special music for worship.
- Choral Responsibilities at ZCA.
- Develop and teach the elementary age musical classes (15-17 hours a week).
- Elementary chapel worship leader once a week on Wednesdays.
- Teach one section of middle school choir and one section of high school choir.
- Available to help with vocal components of the upper school musical theater performance in the spring.
A heart for the Lord Jesus and a desire to see his glory spread through his Church.
A commitment to the power of the Gospel in your entire ministry. Such a ministry will be dependent on the power of the Holy Spirit.
A deep heart for the worship of God’s people of all ages. An understanding that worship is both expressive and formative. The people of God sing praises to God, and as a result are shaped by God’s Word.
A desire for a ministry of redemption that seeks to avoid the dangers of moralism, while spurring God’s people to a life of worship, godliness, and a love for the Lord Jesus.
A sense of calling to lead God’s people in singing his praises. This includes an emphasis on the one- voice of the congregation in worship, developing the musical gifts of God’s people, and training students to prize singing.
Leadership abilities to develop and oversee the musical ministry including developing a vision and implementing it. The candidate will need to have some administrative abilities.
Able to recruit and develop student and adult volunteers to assist with the music ministries, and the planning of events.
Submissive & teachable spirit that works well with the members of the church. Minimum Bachelor’s degree, but a Master’s is preferable.
Zion Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Description of Organization
Our mission is to Join Jesus in his work of reaching the lost and equipping the saints to worship and serve.
Zion Presbyterian Church is a 210 year old church in Columbia, TN. We have an average Sunday morning attendance of 200 and one service. We have been steadilly growing over the past few years and have added more younger families.
Zion Christian Academy is a private school with an enrollment around 430 students across Pre-K through 12th Grade.
You can find out more about us at: www.zioncolumbia.org and www.zioneagles.org.