The Director of Communications directs and coordinates the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the overall marketing communications efforts at Spanish River Church. The Director of Communications oversees all communication outlets of SRC, including social media, web presence, public relations, promotion, advertising, media relations, email
marketing, multimedia, photography, and print/digital communications. The Director of Communications is also responsible for setting the tone of voice and establishing and maintaining the brand of Spanish River Church. This individual will be a creative, innovative, strategic thinker and a results-driven team leader and administrator.
The Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor
Leadership Team, Communications Department
• Lead all efforts related to the creation and development of the Spanish River
Church, Church Planting, Counseling Center and Spanish River Christian School
• Proactively work to ensure Spanish River Church maintains an effective presence on
the web including style/presence, search engines, and new technology;
• Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information
(article links, stories, and events) are posted regularly.
• Develop systems to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related
to Spanish River Church, Spanish River Counseling Center, and Spanish River
• Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series,
big events and other marketing campaigns assigned;
• Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
• Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies;
• Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited
to Facebook and Instagram.
Design and Brand Management
• Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide
activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness;
• Supervises Communications Team Designer to network with paid and volunteer
artists to develop graphic designs;
• Monitor the look, vibe, feel and appeal of all promotional materials representing
Spanish River Church;
• Oversee the use of logos and images that represent Spanish River Church.
Worship Arts Team Cooperation
• Work alongside the Worship Arts Team to create consistency in messaging from all
• Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages;
• Join brainstorming and creative sessions.
• Create positive relationships with local and national media;
• Oversee efforts related to securing or responding to media attention;
• Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
• Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers,
photographers and writers.
• Design and set up Worship Center Lobby for events and holiday services in
cooperation with the Communications Team Designer.
• The Communications Director must be dedicated to leading a team of employees
and fostering the growth and strength of their God-given gifts and talents within
the Communications Team;
• The Communications Director must be willing to go outside of his/her space to
encourage and uplift all of the employees of Spanish River Church as he/she
guides them through the Communications and Branding style guide.
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to help others find and follow Jesus;
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies;
- Degree in Communications, media or related field preferred, or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Communications;
- Demonstrable competency in Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to completion;
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects;
- Action-oriented; displays focus, passion and initiative. Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done;
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships, communicates effectively both interpersonally and corporately;
- Organized, creative thinker, highly productive, able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Committed to improvement; seeks constructive criticism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team Player
- Energetic and Outgoing
- Creative and Collaborative
- Possess an ‘anything is possible’ mentality
Spanish River Church, Christian School and Counseling Center
Contact Name & Contact Info
Boca Raton, FL
Description of Organization
Spanish River Presbyterian Church Campus includes our church (SRC), Pre-K-8 school (SRCS), and counseling center (SRCC).
Spanish River Presbyterian Church (SRC) was established in 1967 and has been serving Boca Raton and surrounding local communities for over 50 years. It is a vibrant, thriving church with a wide variety of ministries serving all age groups. It has an extensive national and global reach with church plants throughout the country and the globe. Our mission is to bring the transforming life and love of Jesus Christ to our members, neighbors, and the nations, in every generation, through the Gospel proclaimed in word, deed, and signs.
Visit us at: www.spanishriver.com
Face Book at: https://www.facebook.com/spanishriverchurch/
Ph: 561-994-5000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Spanish River Christian School (SRCS) is located on twenty acres in Boca Raton, Florida and offers programs for Pre-K3's through 8th grade, enrolling approximately 545 students. Established in 1982 as a ministry of Spanish River Presbyterian Church, SRCS provides a biblically-based, accelerated academic program with outstanding athletics, interscholastic sports, advanced technology, and fine arts.
Visit us at: www.spanishriverchristianschool.com
Face Book at: https://www.facebook.com/spanishriverchristianschool
Ph: 561-994-5006 Email: email@example.com
Spanish River Counseling Center (SRCC) has been a place of hope, healing and new beginnings for over 30 years. It has provided clients with treatment plans that meet their specific needs, desires, and goals. Our team of therapists is uniquely qualified and specialized in differing ways to better meet a variety of individual concerns. The counseling center provides appointments in person, by phone, and virtually. The SRCC is passionate about their commitment to serve in ways that will bring about the real-life changes that their clients seek.
Visit us at: www.spanishrivercounseling.com
Facebook at: Spanish River Counseling Center Ph: 561-241-9014
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Online Contact Via Email