$50,000 – $60,000 Total Package annually, prorated
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the pastor for Sonoita Hills Community Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Sonoita Hills Community Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to Jason@LancasterSearch.com
Sonoita Hills Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Sonoita Hills Community Church (Sonoita, AZ)
The Big Picture
Sonoita Hills Community Church (sonoitahills.com and Facebook @SonoitaHillsChurch) (EFCA) is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor to preach the Word of God and to shepherd the church.
Sonoita Hills Community Church grew from a home Bible Study in the late 1990’s to a larger group of believers who, with strong EFCA (Evangelical Free Church of America) support, later met at a school and then a local community club. In 2009, following the purchase of 10 acres of land and a very successful building program, we dedicated our new building and expanded our ministry as an “Outpost for Ministry Locally to Advance the Father’s Mission Globally.”
The Pastor is the spiritual leader of the Church and shall fulfill the conditions expressed in the New Testament with regard to the position:
- He shall “prepare God’s people for works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up” (Ephesians 4:12)
- It shall be his duty to help provide vision, to promote the programs of the Church, to be loyal to its heritage and principles and to advance the ministry of the Church in that it may fulfill its mission.
- He shall be a leader in prayer and in the ministry of the Word (Acts 6:4, 20:27-28, 1 Peter 5:2, Galatians 5:22-23).
- He shall have a proven track record of effective leadership using a participative management style and be above reproach in character.
- He shall exhibit the qualities of a spiritual person with an unwavering commitment to Jesus Christ.
Also for consideration for our Pastor candidate:
- The Pastor should be familiar/comfortable living and commuting in our rural AZ community.
- The Pastor must be able to join Sonoita Hills Community Church within 1 month of acceptance of the pastor's position.
- The Pastor should be married, and his wife is an integral part of her husband's ministry.
- Our church has long valued our volunteers and as such we have always maintained a minimal staff for the Pastor.
Contact Via Email