Director of Human Resources
About the Office of Business and Financial Services: The Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS) supports the business and financial operations of Reformed Theological Seminary and assists all RTS divisions across the RTS system in daily operations. OBFS serves as the lead office for all centralized shared business/financial services. As the lead office for planning, budget and financial administration of the RTS enterprise, the mission of OBFS is to support research, instruction, and all academic services by providing prompt, reliable business and financial information and services while balancing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
About the Director: The Director serves as a strategic partner to the Chancellor, Chief of Staff and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and directly reports to the Chief of Staff. This leadership position builds the administrative capacity and systems necessary to support RTS’ mission and strategic priorities. The Director serves as a key advisor on a wide range of human resource issues and manages the seminary’s personnel operations.
- Assist in the oversight of all administrative and personnel management operations for the seminary, ensuring high-quality and responsive services are provided to all RTS faculty and staff;
- Provide vision and ensure excellence in RTS’ HR efforts, including organizational development, recruitment, performance management, staff retention, and organizational culture development efforts;
- Assist the Chief of Staff in leading staff engagement initiatives, developing formal and informal methods for staff to communicate ideas, concerns, and feedback with each other and with senior leadership;
- Assists the Chief of Staff and Provost in staff appreciation and cohesion efforts (teambuilding), promoting effective communication across RTS;
- Develop and actively maintain a strong and current knowledge of all regulatory and compliance matters in all states/countries where RTS operates;
- Work proactively with the Chief of Staff in matters of human resources, to address conflicts or staffing/management issues as they arise;
- Assist in staff development initiatives for RTS staff, including developing and implementing strategies for recruiting, onboarding, training, mentoring, and retaining staff;
- Assist the Chief of Staff in compliance and background checks for all RTS employees;
- Assist the Chancellor and the Office of the Provost with the annual review process for RTS staff.
Bachelor’s degree required. Public policy, economics, or business background and experience preferred. 10+ years of human resource management experience working cross-functionally across finance, operations, and human resources. Proven experience developing productive working relationships across all levels, including staff, senior leadership teams, and high-level stakeholders across an organization. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be organized and flexible, meet deadlines and prioritize job responsibilities.
Commitment to developing a workplace culture of engagement and collaboration across teams and enthusiasm for serving, coaching and mentoring staff at all stages of their career. An entrepreneurial and hands-on problem solver with the proven ability to develop and execute program strategies and operations, focusing on creating effective and efficient systems. Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills and the ability to synthesize abstract concepts into clear and accessible language. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and maintain disciplined adherence to program goals. A team player who welcomes collaborative decision-making and appreciates RTS faculty and the vital work they do. Unquestionable judgment, decisive, fair, and resourceful with the ability to anticipate and act on events and opportunities appropriately.
Must be a faithful Christian committed to Reformed theology and the Westminster Standards. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Reformed Theological Seminary
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Rooted in biblical fidelity, confessional integrity, academic excellence, and spiritual growth, the purpose of Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) is to serve the church in all branches of evangelical Christianity, especially the Presbyterian and Reformed family, by preparing its leaders, with a priority on pastors, and including missionaries, educators, counselors, and others through a program of theological education on the graduate level, based upon the authority of the inerrant Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Bible, and committed to the Reformed faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms.Contact Via Email