Director of Major Gifts
Are you a seasoned professional who desires to use your skills and experience in leading and managing fundraising teams to advance the mission of Ligonier Ministries? Have you seen the impact of transformative philanthropy and wish to foster greater outreach at Ligonier? Has the Lord used the teaching of Dr. R.C. Sproul and Ligonier in your life to the degree that you want to see this ministry flourish around the world for decades to come? If you answered yes to these questions, you might be the right person to lead and direct the team that cares for some of Ligonier’s most generous and longstanding supporters. The Director of Major Gifts will serve our Advancement team through the development of action plans, leading and coaching our senior officers, coordinating fundraising initiatives across departments, and cultivating deeper ties with our donors.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who embodies Ligonier’s mission and values and has a passion for sharing them with others. This is designed to be an in-person role on our campus in Sanford, Florida; however, a hybrid arrangement may be available for the right candidate. Travel throughout the U.S. is required.
In this role, you will
- Develop, maintain, and track the yearly fundraising plans, budgets, and forecasting
- Collaborate with various departments to facilitate fundraising initiatives
- Direct the various major-level planned giving and foundations initiatives and provide guidance to achieve optimum results
- Develop quarterly and annual goals and benchmarks for team members
- Provide counsel and coaching to all those within the Advancement team to further develop standards for managing a portfolio and measuring individual performance
- Direct the donor moves management process and regularly review individual supporters with each senior officer
- Actively monitor and utilize donor data and analytics to steward our donor file
- Cultivate donor relationships through their own portfolio and by modeling effective in-person, print, and digital communications
- Travel to visit donors across various donor segments through ministry events, study tours and cruises, and individual donor visits, as appropriate
- Direct all major donor events and collaborate with the Events team
- Direct capital campaign efforts, set annual revenue goals and project budgets, and track results
This position is for a non-profit Christian ministry located in Sanford, Florida.
- Agree to follow Ligonier’s core values as laid out in the Employee Handbook and Standards of Conduct
- Agree and affirm Ligonier’s Core Statement of Faith
- 10+ years of professional fundraising experience
- Experience leading and managing a fundraising team
- Expert with donor CRM software, spreadsheet management, and other fundraising technology
- Proficiency in large-budget event management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in order to advocate for Ligonier’s mission; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Proficiency with technology, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and Microsoft Office
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Ligonier Ministries (ligonier.org) is an international Christian discipleship organization founded by theologian Dr. R.C. Sproul in 1971 to equip Christians to articulate what they believe, why they believe it, how to live it, and how to share it. Proclaiming God's holiness is central to our purpose. Headquartered in Sanford, FL, we currently have over 200 employees serving our constituents around the world.
Ligonier offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, 401(k) after meeting eligibility, and Paid Time Off.Apply Online Contact Via Email