- This event has passed.
“Why Invest in a Theological Education in New York City?”
Tuesday 14 January 2019 @ 6:00PM
1166 6th Avenue, 16th Floor, Great Room
NOTE: RSVP is essential for every participant for building access and to reserve a seat.
Join us for an open house to experience RTS and consider the value of theological education for urban ministry. We will open our doors to a class with Dr. Timothy Keller. Then, we will have a panel discussion to consider the multiple perspectives of global, national and local leaders alongside current RTS Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) students. The panel will be moderated by Dr. Jay Harvey, Executive Director of RTS New York City and Assistant Professor of Pastoral Theology. We will conclude our time with RTS and CTC staff presenting the unique preparation and support offered through the Redeemer City Ministry Scholarship Program.
- Dr. Ligon Duncan is the RTS Chancellor and CEO and John E. Richards Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology.
- Dr. Tim Keller is the Founding Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church, Co-Founder and Chairman of Redeemer City to City, and RTS New York City Visiting Lecturer.
- Rev. James Roberson is the Founding and Lead Pastor of The Bridge in Brooklyn.
- Pastor Rasool Berry is the Teaching Pastor at The Bridge, a national speaker for Cru, and an RTS New York City Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) student.
- Diana Yu is the Missions Director at Grace Community Chapel. She is a graduate of City University of New York School of Law, a practicing attorney in NYC and an RTS New York City Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) student.
- Melissa Gaitan is a Youth Ministry Worker at Grace Community Chapel. She is a New York City public school teacher and RTS New York City Master of Arts (Biblical Studies) student.
Introduction to Pastoral and Theological Studies Course Lecture with Dr. Keller
Attend a lecture with Dr. Tim Keller. Dr. Duncan and Dr. Keller teach this foundational course together each year in January.
Topic: “Why Invest in a Theological Education in New York City?”
Moderator: Dr. Jay Harvey
Panel Guests: Dr. Ligon Duncan, Dr. Tim Keller, Rev. James Roberson, Pastor Rasool Berry, Missions Director Diana Yu, and Youth Ministry Worker Melissa Gaitan
7:30- 7:45 pm
The Redeemer City Ministry Scholarship Program
RTS New York City and the City to City New York Team staff present and receive questions on the unique partnership for ministry training in New York City.