The College of William & Mary, B.A.
Westminster Theological Seminary, MAR, MDiv
Duke University, Ph.D.
About Dr. Kidd
Dr. Reggie Kidd joined Reformed Theological Seminary in 1990 and served as Professor of New Testament. He taught core courses: Introduction to Pastoral and Theological Studies, Acts and the Pauline Epistles, New Testament Greek, Classics of Personal Devotion, and Christian Worship.
Dr. Kidd earned his Ph.D. in Christian Origins at Duke University. While in graduate school, he taught biblical studies and language courses at Duke University and the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
Dr. Kidd’s New Testament research and teaching has focused on the letters of the Apostle Paul – Romans through Philemon. His published doctoral dissertation examined Paul’s view of wealth and generosity in 1-2 Timothy and Titus. He contributed the chapter on the Pastoral Epistles to The Baker Illustrated Bible Commentary (BakerBooks, 2012). Dr. Kidd has contributed study notes on Ephesians and Colossians to The Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible (Zondervan, 2003) and The Reformation Study Bible (Ligonier Ministries, 2005) and has developed a video series on Paul’s teachings through Third Millennium Ministries. Dr. Kidd is a member of the Evangelical Theological Society and has participated in the Disputed Paulines group of the Society of Biblical Literature.
In addition to New Testament studies, Dr. Kidd also has significant interest in the theology and practice of worship. He currently teaches at the Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies, has directed worship ministries at local churches, and served as RTS Dean of Chapel for 15 years. His book With One Voice: Discovering Christ’s Song in Our Worship (BakerBooks, 2005) articulates his worship theology.
Dr. Kidd also regularly writes columns for Worship Leader magazine.
Dr. Kidd is an ordained priest in The Episcopal Church and has served as a pastor and elder at multiple churches. From 2006 through 2012, he served as staff chaplain at Z88.3, a local Christian radio station.
Dr. Kidd and his wife, Sharon, have three sons. Dr. Kidd enjoys playing guitar and piano and cutting tatami with his samurai sword.
- Five-part Video Lectures: Paul’s Prison Epistles http://thirdmill.org/seminary/course.asp/vs/PPE
- Four-part Video Lectures: The Heart of Paul’s Theology http://thirdmill.org/seminary/course.asp/vs/HPT
- Contributor, Perspectives on Tithing: Four Views (B&H Academic, 2011)
- With One Voice: Discovering Christ’s Song in Our Worship(BakerBooks, 2005)
- Contributed notes on Ephesians and Colossians to The Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible (Zondervan, 2003) and The Reformation Study Bible (Ligonier Ministries, 2005)
- Wealth and Beneficence in the Pastoral Epistles: A Bourgeois Form of Early Christianity? (Scholars Press, 1989)
- “Be Still,” in Worship Leader magazine (March/April 2012), 20.
- “Beautiful Things,” in Worship Leader magazine (published online March 13, 2012).
- “Scripture & History,” in Worship Leader magazine (Jan/Feb 2012).
- “Jesus Christ, Our Worship Leader,” in Worship Leader magazine (March/April 2011).
- “What John Frame Taught Me about Worship,” in Speaking the Trust in Love: The Theology of John Frame (Philipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 2009), 711-723.
- “Titus as Apologia: Grace for Liars, Beasts and Bellies,” in Horizons in Biblical Theology 21:2 (1999), 185-209.
- “Bach, Bubba, & the Blues Brothers: The Singing Savior’s Many Voices,” in Reformed Quarterly (Summer 1999).