Georgia State University, B.A.
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, M.A.Th.
King’s College, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, Ph.D.
About Dr. Fesko
Dr. Fesko is an adjunct professor of theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta. He has taught at RTS Atlanta since 2000 while he served as a pastor in Northwest Atlanta and now as Academic Dean and Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology at Westminster Seminary California, Escondido, California. He has been an ordained minister since 1998 in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church serving as a church planter, pastor, and now teacher. Dr. Fesko’s interests include early modern Reformation and post-Reformation theology, the integration of biblical and systematic theology, as well as soteriology, especially the doctrine of justification. Dr. Fesko has authored or edited more than twenty books and written fifty published essays for various journals and books.
- The Trinity and the Covenant of Redemption (Fearn: Mentor, 2016).
- The Covenant of Redemption: Origins, Development, and Reception (Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, 2015).
- Songs of a Suffering King: the Grand Christ-Hymn of Psalms 1-8 (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, 2014.)
- The Theology of the Westminster Standards: Historical Context and Theological Insights (Wheaton: Crossway, 2014).
- Christian’s Pocket Guide to Growing in Holiness: Understanding Sanctification(Fearn: Mentor, 2013).
- Beyond Calvin: Union with Christ and Justification in Early Modern Reformed Theology (1517-1700) (Göttingen: Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht, 2012).
- Word, Water, and Spirit: A Reformed Perspective on the Doctrine of Baptism(Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage, 2010).
- Justification: Understanding the Classic Reformed Doctrine (Phillipsburg: P & R, 2008).
- “Reformed Orthodoxy on Imputation: Active and Passive Justification,” Perichoresis 14:3 (2016), pp. 61-80.
- “Arminius on the Doctrine of Justification: Reformed or Protestant?” Church History and Religious Culture 94 (2014), pp. 1-21.
- “Romans 8.29-30 and the Question of the Ordo Salutis,” Journal of Reformed Theology 8:1 (2014), pp. 35-60.
- “John Owen on Union with Christ and Justification,” Themelios 36 (2011), pp. 7-19.
- “Vos and Berkhof on Union with Christ and Justification,” Calvin Theological Journal 47:1 (2012), pp. 50-71.
- “Machen and the Gospel,” Pro Rege 39:5 (2011), pp. 18-27.
- “Metaphysics and Justification in Sixteenth- and Early Seventeenth-Century Reformed Theology,” Calvin Theological Journal 46:1 (2011), pp. 29-47.