University of Tennessee, Knoxville, B.A., MA, Ph.D.
About Dr. Coffield
Dr. Jim Coffield came to RTS Orlando full-time in 2003 after serving as a professor at other educational institutions. His background includes working within the church as a youth pastor and counselor, and in educational settings as a teacher and basketball coach. He presently serves as a Visiting Lecturer in Counseling. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee in counseling psychology and is a licensed psychologist. Dr. Coffield brings a wide variety of teaching and clinical experience. His clinical experience includes counseling in private practice, college, church-based, and hospital settings. He enjoys the classroom and brings over twenty years of teaching experience. His teaching reflects his love of story and humor. His research and clinical interests include adoption, special needs children, narrative psychology, and counselor training. He is married to Mona and they have two sons, Skylar and Pearce.
- “Going Outside the Camp,” in Tabletalk Magazine, Feb 1 (2013).
- “A Community of Broken Homes,” in Tabletalk Magazine, Dec 1 (2011).
- “The Perfect Blog…,” guest blog for Pooped Pastors, a ministry of Steve Brown, Jan 20 (2010).
- “Why I hate the youth staff…,” guest blog for Pooped Pastors, a ministry of Steve Brown, Aug 3 (2009).
- “Teaching a pig to sing…,” guest blog for Pooped Pastors, a ministry of Steve Brown, Apr 14 (2009).
- “What is your tiredness telling you…,” guest blog for Pooped Pastors, a ministry of Steve Brown, Feb 25 (2009).
- “From Grief to Glory,” in Tabletalk Magazine, Apr 1 (2007).