About Dr. Thomas
Derek W.H. Thomas, a native of Wales, is the Chancellor’s Professor of Systematic and Pastoral Theology and also serves as Senior Minister at First Presbyterian Church (ARP) in Columbia, South Carolina. He previously served as the Chairman of the Theology Department at Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson), the Minister of Teaching at First Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Jackson, Mississippi, and the Robert Strong Professor of Systematic and Pastoral Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary (Atlanta). He is also a Teaching Fellow with Ligonier Ministries and Dean of their D.Min. Program. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from the University of Wales, a Masters of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson), and a Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Wales (Lampeter). He was ordained in the Evangelical Church of Ireland, and served Stranmillis Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Belfast for 17 years before moving to the United States. He has published more than twenty books and contributed to many others.
He and his wife, Rosemary, have two grown children and two grandchildren, two dogs named Luther and Gracie-Spangles, and a somewhat dysfunctional cat named Chloe. He is passionate about classical music and opera.
- Heaven (Christian Focus Publications, forthcoming)
- Strength for the Weary (Reformation Press, 2018)
- Scripture: Inerrant Word for You: A Guide (Banner of Truth, 2018)
- Commentary on Ezra and Nehemiah (P&R, 2016)
- Legacy of Luther (contribution) (Reformation Press, 2016)
- God, Adam, and You (contribution) (P&R, 2015)
- The Works of William Perkins, ed. 10 vols. (Reformation Heritage, 2014- )
- The Beauty and Glory of the Father (Reformation Heritage, 2013)
- Commentary on Acts, P&R Publishing, 2011
- How the Gospel Brings Us All the Way Home, Reformation Trust, 2011
- Voyage of Discovery, Evangelical Press, 2011
- Feed My Sheep: A Passionate Plea for Preaching, Reformation Trust, 2008.
- Let’s Study Galatians, Banner of Truth, 2004.
- Calvin’s Teaching on Job, Christian Focus Publishing, 2004.
- Let’s Study Revelation, Banner of Truth, 2003.
- Give Praise to God: A Vision for Reforming Worship: Celebrating the Legacy of James Montgomery Boice, P&R Publishing, 2003.
- Mining for Wisdom: A Twenty-Eight-Day Devotional Based on the Book of Job, Evangelical Press, 2003.
- Making the Most of Your Devotional Life, Evangelical Press, 2002.
- Praying the Saviour’s Way: Let Jesus’ Prayer Reshape Your Prayer Life, Christian Focus Publications, 2001.
- Taken Up to Heaven, Evangelical Press, 1997.
- The Essential Commentaries for a Preacher’s Library, Academic Press, 1996.
- The Storm Breaks: Job Simply Explained, Evangelical Press, 1995.
- Serving the King, Evangelical Press, 1993.
- God Delivers: Isaiah Simply Explained, Evangelical Press, 1993.
- God Strengthens: Ezekial Simply Explained, Evangelical Press, 1993.
- Help for Hurting Christians, Evangelical Press, 1991.
Publications are available for purchase at mindandheart.com