The Master’s College, B.A.
Wheaton College, MA
Wheaton College, Ph.D.
About Dr. Gladd
Dr. Benjamin Gladd received his B.A. in Greek and Hebrew from The Master’s College (2001) and M.A. in Biblical Exegesis from Wheaton College (2003). He then completed a Ph.D. from Wheaton College in New Testament in 2008. Prior to joining the RTS faculty, he served as an adjunct faculty member at Wheaton College, teaching New Testament exegesis and interpretation, Greek, and introductory courses on the Old and New Testaments. In addition to his work at RTS, Dr. Gladd became a member of the editorial board for Themelios in 2019.
Dr. Gladd’s interests lie in biblical theology, the use of the Old Testament in the New, and biblical exegesis. RTS believes that the Bible is God’s Word, he wants to instill in his students the desire to interpret Scripture seriously. He is passionate about teaching students how to engage the Bible in its original languages, by learning how to analyze syntax, perform word studies, recognize the logical flow of the passage, and determine how the Old Testament is used in the New Testament.
Dr. Gladd hails from the eastern shore of Maryland, and his wife, Nikki, from Grand Rapids, Michigan. They are proud parents of two sons, Judah and Simon. Dr. Gladd enjoys playing sports and catching any football or basketball game, using spare time to do woodworking and all sorts of DIY projects around the house. His wife, Nikki, runs a popular blog (seededatthetable.com), where she writes about family, food, and faith.
- Synoptics and Acts
- Hebrews through Revelation
- The Use of the Old Testament in the New
- Greek Exegesis
- Greek Exegesis of 1 Peter
- Greek Exegesis of Colossians
- Greek Exegesis of Mark
- From the Manger to the Right Hand of the Father: A Biblical Theology of Luke. New Testament Biblical Theology. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, forthcoming (2022).
- Dictionary of the New Testament Use of the Old Testament, Co-editor with G.K. Beale, D.A. Carson, and Andrew Naselli. Grand Rapids: Baker, forthcoming (2021).
- “Worship in the Corinthian Church” in Biblical Foundations of Worship. Edited by Benjamin K. Forrest, Walter C. K. Kaiser, Jr. and John R. Markley. Grand Rapids: Kregel, forthcoming (2021).
- Handbook on the Gospels. Grand Rapids: Baker, (2021).
- G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd. The Story Retold: A Biblical-Theological Introduction to the New Testament. Downers Grove: IVP (2020).
- “Paul’s Mystery Thriller: The Use of the Danielic Mystery in 1 Corinthians 1-2” in Scripture, Texts, and Tracings in 1 Corinthians. Edited by Linda Belleville and B. J. Oropeza. Lexington Books. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, (2019).
- From Adam and Israel to the Church: A Biblical Theology of the People of God. Essential Studies in Biblical Theology. Downers Grove: IVP (2019).
- “Exchanging Truth for a Lie: Image, Idolatry, and the People of God” Credo Magazine 8.2 (2018).
- Benjamin L. Gladd and Matthew Harmon, Making All Things New: Eschatology in the Daily Life of the Church. Grand Rapids: Baker (2016).
- “An Apocalyptic Trinitarian Model: The Book of Daniel’s Influence on Revelation’s Conception of the Trinity” in The Essential Trinity: Exegetical Foundations & Practical Relevance. Edited by Carl Trueman and Brandon Crowe. Leicester: IVP (Apollos), 2016.
- G.K. Beale and Benjamin L. Gladd. Hidden But Now Revealed: A Biblical Theology of Divine Mystery. Downers Grove: IVP, 2014.
- Daniel M. Gurtner and Benjamin L. Gladd, eds. From Creation to New Creation: Essays on Biblical Theology and Exegesis. Peabody: Hendrickson, 2013.
- Benjamin L. Gladd, “Dare to be a Daniel: An Exploration of the Apostle Paul as a Danielic Figure from the Pauline Literature” in From Creation to New Creation: Essays on Biblical Theology and Exegesis. Edited by Daniel M. Gurtner and Benjamin L. Gladd. Peabody: Hendrickson, 2013.
- “The Last Adam as the ‘Life-Giving Spirit’ Revisited: A Possible OT Background of One of Paul’s Most Perplexing Phrases.” Westminster Theological Journal 71 (2009): 297-309.
- Revealing the Mysterion: The Use of Mystery in Daniel and Second Temple Judaism with Its Bearing on First Corinthians. Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die neutestamentliche Wissenschaft 160. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 2008.
- Essential Studies in Biblical Theology, Series Editor. Downers Grove: IVP.
- Handbook on the New Testament, Series Editor. Grand Rapids: Baker.
- Evangelical Exegetical Commentary, Assistant Editor. Bellingham: Lexham.