Mission: To design, direct and lead a program of Christian nurture, fellowship, discipleship and evangelistic outreach for Junior and Senior High Students.
Plan, implement, and lead a program of youth ministry which teaches students to be disciples of Jesus, encourages fellowship among students and leaders, engagingly teaches and emphasizes God’s Word, reaches out to unbelievers, and actively seeks ways to connect students to the life of the church. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing personal relationships with youth designed to support, disciple, and minister to individual needs (i.e. weekly campus visits, attending sporting events, and other extracurricular events).
- Recruiting, training, and leading youth volunteers and interns.
- Teaching and overseeing programs for both Junior and Senior High School Students (Junior and senior high meet separately on different nights of the week).
- Planning, organizing, and leading camps, retreats, mission trips, and other special events.
- Encouraging youth to participate in the life of the church and attend worship services.
- Communicating regularly with parents and the congregation as a whole, the vision, goals, direction, and content of the youth ministry.
- Seeking opportunities to develop relationships with the families of youth
- Participating in staff meetings and Sunday morning worship services.
- Creating the yearly budget and manage spending within that budget.
A vibrant relationship with Jesus, passion for teaching the Bible, ability to organize programs and facilitate volunteers, relational, team player, (musical ability is a plus, but not required), MDiv or MA degree preferred.
Central Presbyterian Church (ECO)
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Central Presbyterian is a multigenerational church of about 300 people in the heart of Merced, CA. We exist equip and send followers of Jesus out to love and serve our friends and neighbors in the city.Apply Online Contact Via Email