Student Ministry Associate
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Pastoral/Relational: Building a variety relationships with students as well as their parents and families in order to share The Gospel and help them grow in their relationship with Christ through the various stages of life.
- Outreach: Creating new relationships with students while continuing to deepen and to disciple existing ones. Relational work will include attending student’s activities and sporting events, meeting for meals, etc.
- Leadership: Planning, coordinating, supporting, and running trips (both local and international), events, activities, programs, as well as recruiting and equipping both adult and high volunteer leaders.
- Teaching: Studying, preparing, practicing, and delivering messages that give students a holistic understanding of scripture and God’s truth, and pointing students to a life-giving relationship that is found in following the way and person of Jesus.
- Programming: Creating dynamic and energetic weekly programs that are spiritually significant to students’ faith formation. Capable to execute special events to build community, to encourage students and support their faith formation.
The goal of Student Ministry programming: implementing fellowship, worship, teaching, discipleship, evangelism and mission opportunities. The milestones include a gospel-centered life design journey that equips and prepares students for all the transitions, conversations, and decisions students encounter as a believer in Christ.
- A heart, passion and experience with working with students
- Good verbal and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask- plan and execute multiple projects at once while maintaining a high level of relational work.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a vibrant small group ministry through which students are discipled and encouraged.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strategy for cultivating a heart for God’s mission in students, not limited to, but including mission trips
- Team player with desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Have the maturity and sensitivity to communicate with parents.
- Develop relationships with adult volunteer leaders.
- Ability to mentor and equip volunteer leaders.
We believe that the healthiest and most impactful ministers are those who prioritize their relationship and spiritual formation with Christ, and model this to those they have been entrusted to lead. Peachtree provides opportunities for spiritual growth and discipleship through engaging worship services, community for young adults, mission trip/outreach opportunities, as well as continual equipping and training as a Student Ministry staff member.
Peachtree Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - Other
Description of Organization
Peachtree is one of the largest Presbyterian (USA) churches in the United States and is known regionally, nationally, and internationally as a faith community committed to service through outreach. With significant missions programs in the City of Atlanta, Central America, India, and on the African continent, Peachtree demonstrates an authentic faith through love and respect of all people. Peachtree’s mission is, ‘Joining Christ daily in the restoration of all things’. Restoring relationships, communities, and most of all, hope and joy, are priorities for this vibrant and engaged church.Apply Online Contact Via Email