Professor of New Testament
Westminster Seminary California announces a new faculty opening in New Testament. This is a full-time, tenure-track position that begins July 1, 2020. Responsibilities focus on teaching M.Div. and M.A .courses in New Testament and Greek.
Qualifications include: (1) commitment to the seminary’s doctrinal standards (the Westminster Standards and the Three Forms of Unity) and to the Presbyterian form of church government; (2) a Ph.D. degree in New Testament or related field; (3) ordination (or potential) as a minister in a Presbyterian or Reformed church; (4) pastoral experience (highly desired), and (5) evidence of promise as a teacher and scholar. Salary will depend on rank, to be determined on the basis of education and experience.
Westminster Seminary California
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Westminster Seminary California (WSC) is a Christian institution seeking to glorify God through graduate theological study. Its primary responsibility is to educate future pastors for Christian churches, especially for Presbyterian and Reformed denominations. It also provides theological education for others who will serve in the Christian community and the larger society.
About Westminster Seminary California
- Founded in 1979 by Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA.
- Since 1982 WSC has been an independent institution with its own board and faculty (12 full-time in residence, 4 emeritus, and 6 adjuncts), accreditation (Association of Theological Schools, Westminster Association of Schools and Colleges), and 19-acre campus (approximately 30 miles north of downtown San Diego).
- WSC’s purpose is to combine our historic commitment to the inerrancy of Scripture, the great truths of Reformed Christianity, and superior scholarship with an emphasis on practical preparation for ministry.
- An excellent faculty-student ratio enables professors and students to express Christian community and pastoral nurture toward one another.
- A commitment to residential education, which has been enhanced by new campus housing consisting of 64 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom apartments.