In support of these regular responsibilities our pastor will:
Articulate and promote the vision and mission of our church to the congregation and community.
Insure that all ministries of the church are implemented consistently with our Standards of Faith and Practice as set forth in our by-laws, core values, and Mission and Vision Statements.
- Inspire, train, support, and guide members to use their spiritual gifts in ministry to the church and community.
- Challenge and encourage members to tend to the needs of the sick and needy in the church and community.
- Encourage, support, and mentor members in their Felationships with unbelievers and in the ability to lead a person to saving faith in Jesus.
- Research and introduce ideas, resources, and programs to further the ministries and effectiveness of our church.
- Train elders, deacons, and other leaders in providing pastoral care, leading prayer and worship, teaching, outreach, etc.
- Promote an inclusive and participatory model of ministry, with a goal of developing lay leadership.
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Hope Community Church?
Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Hope Community Church?
In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Hope Community Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to Jason@No-FeePastorSearch.com
Hope Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Hope Community Church (Lowell, IN) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Hope Community Church (hopechurchlowell.com) is seeking an ordained, Spirit-equipped, servant-leader, committed to the Reformed faith.
In the spirit of Ephesians 4:11-16, we are seeking an ordained, Spirit-equipped, servant- leader, committed to the Reformed faith, who will:
- Be committed to continual personal development in skills, knowledge, and discipleship.
- Model a personally healthy, balanced, relational and spiritual life.
- Help us become a healthy congregation in every way.
- Live among us as our partner and friend.
Our overarching desire and emphasis at this time is to draw the unchurched in our lives and community into a Saving relationship with Jesus and into our church family. We also desire a pastor who will lead us in congregational self-study and goal-setting by reviewing the past and planning for the future in such a way as to strengthen and enhance the mission and unity of Hope Community Church. The job description should be viewed in light of these desires.
This is a full-time position. The pastor is a member of the fun! Hope Church council and is accountable to the Council in doctrine, life, and duties. The pastor partners with the church, staff, council, elders, and deacons to carry out the ministry of Hope Church.
Regular responsibilities include:
- Preaching and leading worship, bringing biblical, practical messages to all ages that teach and convict those who are searching and challenge the spiritually mature. Hope Church currently has one service on Sunday plus occasional special services.
Partnering with council and members to ensure pastoral care for all members and others who may join our fellowship as non-members. This would include visits to shut-ins and to those that are traumatized or hospitalized.
Provide pastoral counseling, conflict resolution, and referrals to Christian licensed therapists as needed.
Provide direction, support and assistance to ministry groups and leaders.
- Oversee and support the work of ministry staff. With the council, engage in annual reviews of those under his supervision and, when necessary, recommend either renewal or termination of employment.
- Lead new member classes and pre-marital counseling.
- Officiate at weddings and funerals as requested.
Regular responsibilities continued:
- Fulfill community, ministerial, and denominational responsibilities, and be a positive liaison with our broader mission efforts.
- Model a life of discipleship and outreach.
- Work alongside the clerk of council to ensure organized and efficient administration and communication.
- Keep accurate records:
o of all activities related to his position for personal accountability.
a that demonstrate that Hope Church’S vision and goals are realized and achieved.
Provide a written report for the elders at their regular meetings.
- Carry out other tasks as determined by the church council.