We are seeking an experienced and humble leader with a vision and passion for illuminating Christ in all things and drawing people into a deeper awe and wonder of Him. This lead worshiper will strive to build and manage environments (through music, audio, visual and lighting) that engage the congregation’s hearts and minds with the gospel from the time they walk in the doors of the church to the time they walk out. We envision that these experiences will be driven by the major teaching point of the day from the Scripture and therefore will require strong collaboration with the pastors.
Title: Director of Music
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Supervises: Technical Director and Assistant Music Director
Position Summary: The music director position designs gospel-centered worship music environments and experiences that invite people to discover and deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ and love our neighbor enough to bring them hope in the Gospel.
Tasks and Duties:
- Work closely with lead pastor and assistant pastor in developing weekly music worship environments and experiences and special events (Easter on the Beach draws 5,000-10,000).
- Lead music worship for a congregation of 200 during the summer and 800 during the winter and spring at multiples Sunday services requiring flexibility through the seasonal changes.
- Recruit, train, and lead music teams including praise teams and choirs.
- Recruit, train, and lead the technical team for audio, visual, and lighting aspects of the worship services.
- Prepare and manage the annual Music ministry budget.
- Oversee the church musical instruments and technical (audio, visual aids & lighting) hardware and software.
The successful candidate will be humble and collaborative; theologically sound; and have a demonstrated ability with different worship styles. Experience in directing/conducting choral, vocal, and orchestral music plus a working knowledge of audio, visual, and lighting hardware and software. He must also have a proven ability to work collaboratively with leadership, staff, direct reports, and volunteers as we seek to declare and demonstrate the power of the gospel, inviting people to discover and deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Compensation: Competitive based on education and experience
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent instrumental and vocal skills (music training required, BA or MA in music preferred)
- 10 years of music ministry experience (leading in a church/ministry context preferred)
- Technical skills in utilization of audio, visual, and lighting hardware and software
- Supervisory experience in guiding, evaluating, and interacting with supervised personnel
- Reformed in theology – (subscribing to the fundamentals of the Westminster Confession)
- Aligns with the mission of Marco Presbyterian Church by bringing hope to people with the truth of Jesus on Marco Island and in East Naples and participates in the life of the church body
- Ability to rise above style and utilize various instruments and voices in the worship settings
Character and leadership:
- Exhibit a close walk with Jesus that results in deep humility, joy, and hope.
- Exhibit a love for the local church that results in quality relationships throughout.
- Be a team player that builds consensus among divergent personalities and generations.
- Be able to hear and implement correction and advice from leadership, staff, and team members.
Marco Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Marco Island, FL
Description of Organization
Marco Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America located just south of Naples on beautiful Marco Island, Florida. The church has a membership of under 200 but swells to over 800 during the “season” of January to April. We are seeking a full-time Director of Music to design gospel-centered worship environments and experiences that will invite people to discover and deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ and help lead our church family in heartfelt worship throughout the week.
Marco Church has for over forty years enjoyed a range of music programs and worship styles with strong volunteer participation in all areas of musical and technical skills. We desire a leader who values congregational singing and participation in worship, as well as the cultivation of the musical gifts and service of our members and friends of all ages to continue bringing hope to people with the truth of Jesus for another 40 years.Contact Via Email