The Executive Director will ensure that all parts of the church’s life and ministry are working together towards alignment with our enduring values and progress towards our vision of equipping all people to live ordinary life as the faithful presence of Jesus’ love.
Project Management (50%): Identify and oversee strategic action to promote the church’s vision
- Facilitate an annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance, review of mission, vision and enduring values, development of key objectives and tactics & establishment of annual goals
- Work with each ministry department in setting short term, mid-range and long term goals – as well as pathways to the accomplishment of each
- Provide oversight and accountability to all church committees, working especially with committee chairs to set goals & provide clear paths to the accomplishment of goals
- Devise, implement and carry out a regular (at least annual) means by which programs are evaluated, initiated, modified or stopped based on their alignment with and contribution towards the overall vision of the church.
Staff Management (25%): Provide effective coaching so that the broader staff that functions together as a Christ-centered, professional & relational team.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to develop and lead staff meetings that are productive and edifying
- Ensure cross-departmental communication and unity of purpose
- Help all staff members to understand the unique role that they and their ministry area plays in the church’s vision
Operations Management (25%): Provide leadership of the business side of church operations such that the supporting structures serve the vision.
- Oversee HR by setting policies, ensuring productive annual reviews of employees, identifying and working to address needs of the team, etc…
- Serve as the Direct Report for the Church Administrator, the Church Accountant, the Director of Support Services, the Director of Communications & the Media Specialist to solve problems and ensure smooth operation of the business side of the ministry
- Lead the Finance Team in developing annual financial strategy and budgets that support and advance the church’s vision
Measurement of Success
- Our pastors will be freed up to carry out the biblical model of pastoral ministry (Acts 6:4, 2 Corinthians 5:20).
- The staff will function as a unified team, with every team member knowing his/her role in the common vision.
- The church’s vision will be reflected in each of the church’s ministries and initiatives and participated in by more and more of the church’s membership.
- Responsibilities will be fulfilled on an annual basis, including a strategic plan, staff performance reviews and programming reviews.
The Executive Director will report to the Sr. Pastor & be accountable to the Session
- Administratively strong; a gifted manager
- A bold yet winsome servant leader
- A developer, coach and leader of leaders
- A committed disciple of Jesus who is wholly committed to seeing the local church fulfill its purpose as set out in the Great Commission
- Accordance with The Essentials of our Faith as set out by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
- A healthy and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university
- 7+ years of management/executive experience
Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Signal Mountain, TN
Description of Organization
Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church is a 1500+ member church on Signal Mountain, just minutes from downtown Chattanooga, TN. Our vision is to equip all people to live ordinary life as the faithful presence of Jesus’s love. Those words express the heart of a church that has existed on Signal Mountain for nearly a century, all the while striving to live into the mission given by Jesus to his Church in Matthew 28.
Within the last three years, our church had identified and embraced 5 enduring values. These are at the heart of who we have always been, and who we hope to be, no matter the shifting sands of the context around us.
Biblical Authority: We submit to the authority of Scripture.
Sacrificial Love: We care for, serve and pray for each other in costly ways.
Transformational Discipleship: We grow disciples through worship, preaching, teaching in the context of relationships.
Generational Investment: We welcome the next generation for the sake of God’s kingdom.
Missional Living: We embrace the call to do whatever it takes to make sure that everyone within our reach encounters the gospel.
As a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, we remain committed to the worship of, and obedience to, the Triune God revealed in the Scriptures and incarnate in his only Son, Jesus Christ, whom we proclaim as Savior and Lord. We profess that the Bible is God’s inerrant, infallible and inspired word. We hold to the historic Reformed Faith as expressed in confessions as authentic and reliable expositions of what Scripture leads us to believe and do. And, we rejoice in the open commitment with all believers as expressed in the EPC’s “Essentials of the Faith.”
We are dedicated with integrity and without apology to God’s Word as we guide and influence believers to know what they believe, why they believe it, and how to live out that faith with integrity in word and deed. We are equally committed to sharing this faith with a hurting and disillusioned world.Apply Online Contact Via Email