The Executive Assistant will assist the Director in the execution of the organization’s mission and day-to-day operations. The Executive Assistant will have an exceptional work ethic and will represent the Edmiston Center and RTS Atlanta with integrity and professionalism in a high-energy, creative, academic environment. The Executive Assistant will thrive in a setting that will require personal and professional integrity, initiative, consistency, flexibility, persistence, attention to detail, and the ability to deal with conflict in a mature and Christ-centered manner. The best candidate will have a commitment to serving others with excellence.
- Schedule and coordinate the Director’s work and professional relationships, inside and outside of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to, prioritizing email, scheduling meetings / phone calls / video conferences, and assisting with calendar management.
- Be present at and coordinate Grimke Lecture Series (including logistics leading up to each lecture), including marketing / email campaigns, communication with vendors, volunteers, facilities liaison(s), and speaker(s), and prepare documents / handouts for attendees, both in print and electronic forms, and conduct follow up where necessary.
- Regularly meet with the Director to plan and execute upcoming events, including, but not limited to, lunches/luncheons, seminars, large events, conferences, and learning cohorts/communities.
- Create and manage events using an event management software platform to set up event details, create registration pages, communicate with participants, process attendance lists, and follow-up with a feedback survey.
- Within budget, negotiate and execute contracts with event venues and caterers.
- Communicate with event speakers providing event details, coordinating travel arrangements, securing honorariums, and processing travel reimbursements.
- Make sure that event venue spaces look beautiful, hospitable, and professional.
- Prepare board reports for the governing institution’s board of directors, board of advisors, and the Center’s leadership teams.
- Build and encourage healthy working relationships with staff, contractors, accountants, and volunteer leaders.
- Attend meetings as required by the Director.
- Take minutes, transcribe recordings, distribute minutes/documents, and conduct follow-up as needed.
- Process receipts and travel/business reimbursements.
- File documents electronically, manage the organization’s OneDrive account.
- Prepare and manage travel itineraries.
- Be prepared (and have the ability) to travel locally and globally.
- Interface with faculty and staff.
- Light bookkeeping.
- Manage Edmiston Center website and digital presence, including all social media across multiple platforms; use design skills for social media accounts and event promotions.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid passport for travel
- High integrity/honesty
- Familiar with the context of higher education
- Emotionally intelligent
- Discretion concerning security issues
- Anticipates needs intuitively
- Proficient in verbal and written communication
- Global awareness/appreciation
- Appreciative of and curious about different cultures
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Expense management
- Learns new systems easily
- Able to utilize Active Campaign for creating monthly newsletters
- Able to utilize programs such as Canva, Adobe, etc.
- Proficient in project management with Trello
- Proficient in managing social media with Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Able to use video conferencing tools such as Zoom and Teams
Edmiston Center for the Study of the Bible and Ethnicity
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
The Edmiston Center for the Study of the Bible and Ethnicity promotes practical theological reflection on the challenges, skills, and stories of local and global Christians who endure on society’s margins.
WHO WE ARE
The Edmiston Center mines history and the contemporary world to learn from the Church’s moments of endurance and faithfulness. We’re committed to the covenantal story of God expressed through every nation, tongue, and tribe; we’re curious how God moves through forgotten and overlooked believers in places where Christianity is difficult.
The Edmiston Center works in partnership with Reformed Theological Seminary, Atlanta campus. We are strategically positioned in Marietta, GA, north of Atlanta and at the nexus of many cultures. Christians of all ethnicities gather at the Edmiston Center around God’s Word to seek solutions and strategies for Christian living. Our students research practical approaches to prayer, discipleship, evangelism, crisis as opportunity, Kingdom advance, justice, and biblical unity in today’s shifting and sometimes hostile cultural environments.
We strive to preserve an atmosphere of Christian unity across geographic, ethnic, and cultural lines, while gleaning practical wisdom for Christian life from the many historical and contemporary facets of His Kingdom. We follow the historic Christian faith and believe that the whole counsel of Scripture is sufficient to sustain the people of God under pressure in their past, present, and future.
WHO WE SERVE
We serve students through biblical teaching on endurance in places where it is difficult to be a Christian. We teach, shape, and stimulate original research on Christian endurance, so that our students may in turn serve the greater body of Christ.
WHAT WE DO
Our goal is to form Christian leaders who think deeply regarding the strength and wisdom found on the margins of the world’s societies.Contact Via Email