The Discipleship Pastor oversees adult ministries at FEFC. Specifically, this position oversees the work of discipling adults toward maturity in following Christ. This encompasses three key areas: instruction, application, and lay leadership development. The goal of this position (in order of importance) is to increase biblical knowledge in both depth and breadth, instruct and encourage in applying that Truth to life so that people are built up in the faith and maturity in Christ, and finally to identify, develop, train, and equip lay leaders to serve the Body of Christ.
This position is responsible for all adult Sunday School classes, Bible studies, men’s and women’s ministries, and all various small groups.
- Be a genuine believer in the Lord Jesus Christ while demonstrating a stable and growing faith with exemplary personal, marital, and family life.
- Seminary graduate with a Master of Divinity (or equivalent). Two or more years of pastoral experience is preferred.
- Affirm FEFC’s Statement of Faith and Guiding Convictions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate Scripture and biblical principles effectively through weekly teaching and preaching.
- Possess excellent leadership, public speaking/teaching, and interpersonal skills with a heart for discipling God’s people through Scripture.
- Be willing and able to work humbly in a team environment, and be able to adapt, be flexible, and willing to grow.
- Demonstrate an ability to recruit and work with volunteers, identify potential leaders, and effectively train and equip them to serve and lead.
- Able to handle confidential matters and material with excellence.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage administrative and organizational issues.
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications of an elder.
Faith Evangelical Free Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Grand Forks, ND
Description of Organization
Faith Evangelical Free Church (FEFC) is a congregation of about 350 believers nestled in the heart of Grand Forks, North Dakota’s 3rd largest city - a major university town, a thriving economic center, and a great place to live. We enjoy both a rich spiritual heritage and, by God’s grace, an even more fruitful future. For over 50 years FEFC has been characterized by solid Bible exposition, active ministry to adults, children, and university students. We have a strong commitment to missions, both foreign and local, with a quarter of our budget allocated to sharing the gospel. Expository preaching, God-exalting worship, and opportunities for connection and Bible study characterize our fellowship. We desire to grow deeper in our walk with God and continue developing outreach to the community around us. FEFC has an intentionally multi-generational focus and a heart to support and nurture families. Building on what God has done in the past, we are poised for expanded ministry and spiritual impact.Apply Online Contact Via Email