Director of Children’s Ministry
Purpose: To oversee and direct ministry to children (K-4 through 5th grade) and families of Redeemer Church and the Broadmoor/Broadmeadow communities.
Reports to: Senior Pastor; Redeemer Church Session
Works closely with: Assistant Pastor of Pastoral Care; Children & Youth Committee
- Vision and Program Development – Continue to develop/improve Redeemer’s children’s ministry vision in line with the vision and culture of Redeemer Church in cooperation with the pastoral staff and Children & Youth Committee. Build programs and ministry structures that flow out of and support this vision. Programs will include but are not limited to Children’s Church (30 children), Wednesday Nights (140 children), Sunday School (100 children), and VBS (over 200 children).
- Program Administration –Provide administrative oversight to Children’s Ministry through volunteer recruitment and delegation, budgeting, curriculum selection, publicity, database maintenance, and the development and implementation of policies necessary to ensure the safety, security, and spiritual growth of children.
- Community Outreach—Redeemer’s community vision shapes all of its programs and so we expect the CM Director to form programs and events that are naturally evangelistic and outreach-oriented. This outreach orientation will have as its aim not only children but their parents, in prayerful hope that family units will be reached for Christ. Families in the Broadmoor community and families that attend TRS are the most natural focus of any outreach efforts.
- Parent Consultation and Support – Actively pursue relationships with parents and guardians to offer support, encouragement, and training to support them in their call to raise children in the Lord.
- Leadership Development— Recruit, screen, train, and resource children’s ministry volunteers. This oversight and care is to be ongoing, not merely initiatory.
- The Redeemer’s School Support—Work with school administration as requested to support the spiritual development and education of students. Serve as advocate for Redeemer’s Children’s Ministry to the students and families of the school.
- Other—duties as assigned, based on the gifts of the person and needs of the church.
- Christian Commitment/Character: Possesses vibrant, growing relationship with Christ as evidenced in the fruit of the Spirit and repentance in his or her life.
- Theologically Reformed: Personally committed to the system of theology laid out in Westminster Confession and Catechisms, in particular it’s teaching on the covenant inclusion of the children of believers.
- Loves Children: Has a passion for children and the relational gifts to interact winsomely with them. A particular call to minister to children outside of the covenant community is required.
- Education/Experience: College graduate with experience in children’s ministry. Seminary training or children’s ministry leadership experience (or interest in pursuing further education) would be ideal, but not required.
- Multi-Ethnic Ministry Heart: Experience working in a multi-ethnic, diverse environment and desire to build ministry that intentionally includes children and families from different racial and socio-economic cultures.
- Age-appropriate teaching ability
- Desire and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills (engaging, motivating, and equipping Redeemer’s children, parents, volunteers)
- Ability to administrate (events, volunteer screening/training, curriculum, etc)
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Redeemer Church, PCA, is a multi-ethnic community of Christians committed to glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ and proclaiming the Good News of His Kingdom both in word and deed to the Broadmoor / Broadmeadow neighborhoods, the city of Jackson, and the world.Apply Online Contact Via Email