Children’s Ministry Director
This position, while working within alignment and harmony of the overall NextGen Ministries, is responsible for the execution of the vision and strategy of the Children’s Ministry at StoneBridge Church Community. This position would report to the Pastor of NextGen Ministries. It is a salaried position with full benefits. Pay is commensurate with experience. They will build and maintain relationships with families and volunteers with the goal of developing children to know and follow Christ. They will also be involved in all planning, preparation, and execution of the Children’s Ministry that includes, but is not limited to, meetings, weekly programs, special events, and Summer Bible Camp.
- Relational Ministry: Building relationships with parents and volunteers, with the intent to come alongside families in prayer, encouragement, and support.
- Regular Program Planning & Management: Designing, implementing and supporting the regular ministry programs on Sundays and during the mid-week.
- Safety Oversight: Working together to maintain and evaluate safety procedures and processes for volunteers and families.
- Space Usage: Maintaining and caring for rooms used and related storage.
- Overall Vision & Direction: While working in alignment with the Pastor of NextGen Ministries, they would be setting the course for the Children’s Ministry & verifying alignment with the overall mission of the church.
- Budget Oversight: Visioning, designing, & overseeing the Children’s Ministry budget in conjunction with the Head of Staff.
- Curriculum Oversight: In partnership with the Assistant Director, reviewing and modifying the curriculum to fit the overall vision and mission of SBCC.
- Recruitment & Training: Seeking out and recruiting volunteers to partner in the Children’s Ministry, including observation, training and showing appreciation.
- Managing Family Involvement: Working with the Assistant Director to develop and maintain processes for tracking family’s involvement and reaching out to them for follow-up.
- New Family Follow-up: Designing and maintaining first-time visitor processes and connection into SBCC and Children’s Ministry.
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned by the Pastor of NextGen Ministries
- Passion for Christ and his Church, particularly children.
- Embrace the doctrine and theology of the Presbyterian Church in America.
- Ability to work in a team environment with relational and team-building skills.
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and self-motivated.
- A teachable attitude/spirit with openness to feedback.
StoneBridge Church Community
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
StoneBridge Church Community, located in Charlotte, NC, exists to build bridges of grace for God’s glory. You can visit https://www.stonebridge.org/ to learn a little more about our church!Contact Via Email