Associate & Youth Pastor
The Associate and Youth Pastor will be responsible for overseeing junior and senior high youth ministries. This will include teaching and preaching God’s Word on a regular basis, discipleship of students as well as managing, building and caring for volunteers of the student ministry.
This pastor will also help with other pastoral responsibilities such as visitation, counseling and teaching in other contexts as needed or desired by the associate pastor.
The candidate chosen must exhibit the following:
- The qualifications of an elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Above reproach
- Husband of one wife
- Able to teach
- Not addicted to wine
- Not pugnacious
- Free from the love of money
- Not fond of sordid gain
- A good manager of his household
- One who has his children under control with dignity
- Not a new convert
- One who has a good reputation outside the church
- Able to exhort in sound doctrine and to refute those who contradict
- Above reproach as God’s steward
- Not self-willed
- Not quick-tempered
- Loving what is good, just, and devout
- A sincere love for Christ, God’s Word, prayer, and the local church.
- Prior experience serving the church in youth or family ministry as well as general preaching, teaching ministries and discipleship ministries.
- A confidence that the Lord has called him to serve our specific congregation (upon calling by the church).
- Doctrinal agreement with our Statement of Faith, pastors and deacons.
- Agreement with the philosophy of ministry of the pastors and deacons.
The following qualities are preferred, but not necessarily required:
- Administrative abilities
- Experience in biblical counseling
- Spiritual gift of evangelism
- Experience in leading and building a staff of employees or volunteers
- Seminary graduate with an M.Div. from a reputable, evangelical seminary.
The Baptist Church of Northville
Contact Name & Contact Info
Baptist - Other
Description of Organization
The Baptist Church of Northville is located in Northville, New York. We are about an hour north-west of Albany, in the lower region of the Adirondack Mountains. The landscape is beautiful and has many opportunities for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, skiing and other outdoor activities. The Village of Northville is small with a population of around 1,100 people, but very quaint and located at the northern part of the Great Sacandaga Lake. Many parents speak gratefully of the village as it is a wonderful place to raise children.
The church itself has been in the village since 1802. By God’s grace and providence, it has held fast to the gospel and maintained a faithful presence in the area as other churches in this region have come and gone. The American North East is one of the most, if not the most, secular part of our country. Despite this, the Baptist Church of Northville has benefited from regular, expository preaching of God’s Word, a faithful pastoral ministry, and the many committed members that give of their time and gifts for the building up of the body. We regularly have over 200 in attendance during our Sunday morning service, and an active youth scene that even captivates a secular and un-churched audience. Both of these things are unusual for our region, and shows spiritual life and potential for ministry. The Lord has truly been good to us.Contact Via Email