Christ Community Church is seeking a full-time ministry position as Assistant Pastor. With a growing church in a growing community there is a constant flow of pastoral or leadership needs within the church as well as within the community. The ministry roles we are looking to fill will include some of the following duties depending on the gifting of the applicant:
- Preaching: We preach expositional sermons through books of the Bible. We are looking for someone who can assist the pastor in preaching solid, clear, and application-oriented sermons. Other speaking opportunities will be available as well.
- Adult Discipleship Training: This includes all Adult Discipleship: directing Adult Sunday School and Small Groups. This will include curriculum, leadership training, placing people into groups, and growing new groups.
- Additional Adult Ministry: There are a number of other ministry areas which already have leadership yet need a point of contact with the staff: Missions, Women’s Ministry, Men’s Ministry, and Connections Team (Hospitality). We are looking for someone to help visitors move to toward membership and ensuring that new members get plugged into the church body.
- Influence in our City: Our mission is to Teach the Bible, Transform Lives, and Touch the World. We believe it is important to love and serve our city, strengthening individuals and working with other organizations, schools/university, businesses, or other churches. Currently we have adopted a low income elementary school and a neighboring community which is largely Hispanic. We also operate a tutoring program in a public housing community. It is important this leader have a heart for reaching the city and training our members to see the city as their primary mission field.
- Worship: (Depending on the applicants giftings) Work alongside the senior pastor to provide leadership for the music ministry including recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers as well as managing audio/visual applications during the service.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Seminary graduate who holds a reformed view of the Bible.
- Although we are a non-denominational church, our polity and theology is closely aligned with the Presbyterian Church in America. We adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith and are paedobaptists. You must be paedobaptist as well.
- Display of the leadership capacity to grow a ministry and the capacity to fail and keep going.
- Biblical qualifications for an Elder
- A desire to work toward greater diversity in the church.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals, create momentum, develop teams and reach the desired conclusion.
- You must be a team player. We have ten people on our staff who love each other and work together to accomplish our mission. We are looking for someone who can add their talents and Christ-like character to an already great team and culture. We are looking for someone who works well with others, is a hard worker, and when necessary, is willing to take on tasks outside their job description
Christ Community Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Christ Community Church was launched in March of 2002 by the current Senior Pastor, Paul Phillips. Previous to launching the church, Paul was on the Young Life staff for fifteen years. Paul and a small group of people believed there was a great need for a reformed, expositional preaching church in Wilmington. For our first seven years we met in a gymnasium, then moved to our permanent location in 2009. We are strategically located in a high growth area of the southern part of New Hanover County.
We have a high level of commitment to the spiritual health of our members as well as our community. We have a tutoring program for children in the Hispanic community. We are working on starting a Health Clinic for the poor which will operate out of our church. We are active in public school education. We are active in the inner-city and in building bridges with the African American community. We have two worship services on Sunday mornings; our attendance is approximately 400 people. We offer Spanish to English translation at our second service.