Reynolda Church is looking for an Assistant Pastor to live out the Great Commandment and Great Commission in Kernersville, North Carolina at its Union Cross campus. The person who will thrive in this position will:
- Possess a whatever-it-takes attitude with regard to seeing the vision realized and the mission executed.
- Embrace the creative and entrepreneurial opportunities that exist in a newly multi-site church.
- Enjoy seeing others raised-up into positions of leadership and influence.
- Desire to recruit, build, train, and resource teams to do the work of the church.
- Work best as a team member not as an individual.
- Flourish in an environment that requires dependence upon God for direction and new ideas.
The Assistant Pastor is a generalist position that will provide on-the-job training for candidates aspiring to serve in long-term pastoral ministry. Therefore, the following list is not exhaustive, but represents known requirements.
- Identify, train, and equip, on an ongoing basis, Middle and High School adult leaders.
- Form an active Parent Leadership Team for Student Ministries.
- Lead large group and coordinate small group meetings for both Middle and High School Ministries based on provided curriculum.
- Help, together with the Student Ministries Director and Team, organize and plan Middle and High School activities, retreats, and overall calendars.
- Oversee and coordinate Sunday Morning First Impressions serve teams (Ushers, Greeters, Coffee).
- Recruit and enable others to gather new First Impressions team members.
- Develop and lead ongoing training for new First Impressions members.
- Help provide regular opportunities for members to serve Jesus and others in the community.
- General job requirements could consist of:
- Community Group leadership.
- Pastoral care.
- Participation in corporate prayer.
The Assistant Pastor:
- Reports to the Campus Pastor under the authority of the Session.
- Is a part-time, exempt position
- Faith: Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, strengthened through God’s Word, prayer, and community.
- Doctrine: Must embrace the sovereignty of God the Father, the lordship of Jesus Christ, and the current-day work and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Life: Must be in good standing within his current church community.
- Education: Must have completed, or be working toward the completion of, a four-year degree at an accredited college or university, or possess the equivalent experience in pastoral ministry.
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC)
Description of Organization
Reynolda Church is one growing congregation, meeting in different locations, alive in the Spirit, contemporary in worship, exciting for kids and brimming with the good news of what God has done for us in Jesus. We have a dream of forever changing our region by sharing the healing presence of Jesus that we have so richly experienced.Contact Via Email