The M.A.T.S. curriculum is designed for Christians who desire to integrate theological studies with cultural and social concerns.
With this 66-credit hour degree, you will strengthen the religious basis for one’s life and work whether in a secular career or a church staff position.
This degree is also available fully online through RTS Global Education.
- M.A. students typically spend two years in residence to complete the required curriculum for the M.A. degree. At a minimum, residential students pursuing the M.A.R. must take at least 31 credit hours at the appropriate RTS M.A.-degree-granting campus. Global Education students must take at least 31 credit hours online for the M.A.R. A 2.0 (C) cumulative grade-point average (GPA) is required for all RTS courses taken.
- The seminary must have on file official transcripts showing that the student holds a baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent.
- The conduct and attitude of the student must be satisfactory according to the norms of Scripture and the Westminster Standards.
- The student must pass the English Bible exam.
- The student must clear all financial obligations to the seminary.
Students taking the M.A./M.A.C. program may earn the M.A. with one additional year of study (102 hours required for the dual program). Students in the M.A. in Christian Counseling degree may earn a dual MACC/MATS degree by completing 99 credit hours. A student may complete the M.A. (Theological Studies) plus the M.Div. degree program in four years with a total of 139 credit hours.