The M.A.B.S. curriculum is designed for Christians who desire to integrate biblical studies with cultural and social concerns.
This 66-credit hour degree is designed to strengthen the religious basis for one’s life and work, whether in a secular career or a church staff position. At least one complete sequence of a language is required. That is, the student must take Greek I, Greek II, and Greek Exegesis, or take Hebrew I, Hebrew II, and Hebrew Exegesis.
This degree is also available fully online through RTS Global Education.
- M.A. students typically spend two years in residence to complete the required curriculum for the M.A. degree. At a minimum, residential students pursuing the M.A.B.S. must take at least 34 credit hours at the appropriate RTS M.A.-degree-granting campus. Global Education students must take at least 34 credit hours online for the M.A.B.S. A 2.0 (C) cumulative grade-point average (GPA) is required for all RTS courses taken.
- The seminary must have on file official transcripts showing that the student holds a baccalaureate degree or its foreign equivalent.
- The conduct and attitude of the student must be satisfactory according to the norms of Scripture and the Westminster Standards.
- The student must pass the English Bible exam.
- The student must clear all financial obligations to the seminary.
Students in the M.A. in Christian Counseling degree may earn a dual MACC/MABS degree by completing 99 credit hours. A student may complete the M.A. (Biblical Studies) plus the M.Div. degree program in four years with a total of 139 credit hours.