By completing the Theology & Public Life certificate, students will be better prepared theologically to exercise responsibility in their citizenship and other callings related to public life. This certificate program integrates biblical and systematic theology as well as apologetics to equip Christians to engage questions about ordering our lives together in political community.
- Foundations of Theology & Public Life
- ITPL Electives
ITPL electives cover topics in the three basic areas of public policy: social policy, economic policy, and foreign policy.
What You'll Learn
- Discern theological principles relevant to issues in public life.
- Engage a perspective on public life informed by the multiple spheres of responsibility entailed in the cultural mandate.
- Consider the challenges of increasing pluralism and how to commend biblical truth about how God has made the world for its flourishing and sound reason about the implications of that truth.
- Study various topics in three main public policy areas (social, economic, and foreign policy) and how to engage them from a Christian worldview.
- Consider the ways that spiritual formation in the covenantal community of the church shapes a practical public theology through teaching, ministry life, prayer, and anticipation of the Spirit’s work in common grace.
Take the Next Step
Apply online and receive your acceptance letter.
Grow as you study the scriptures and deepen your love for God.
Take what you learn and leverage it for the good of Christ's church.
Who Should Enroll
|Bible Study Leaders|