By completing the 12-credit Certificate in Historical Theology, a student will have a broad knowledge of the history of Christianity from the time of the early church up to the 21st century. The two required courses give particular attention to the church’s formulation of Christian doctrine and its response to heresy, as well as the contributions of significant historical figures, movements, and church assemblies. Elective courses enable a student to investigate the life and theology of particular individuals, groups, movements, and other historical issues.
- History of Christianity I
- History of Christianity II
- Specified Electives in HT
How It Works
Deepen your understanding of the Bible and theology in a way that suits your unique needs and lifestyle.
12 weeks or less per online course
Online or Residential
What You'll Learn
- A framework for understanding the task of historical thinking
- Improved facility with reading primary sources within their historical context
- An increased recognition of the complexity of history, including church history
- An understanding of the relevance of historical thinking for theology and ministry in the present
- A growing appreciation for God’s faithfulness to the church throughout history (cf. Matt. 16:18)
By paying up front, all at once, students will receive a 35% discount.
Over 12 Months
By electing to pay in 12 monthly installments, students will receive a 30% discount.
Over 18 Months
When paying in 18 monthly installments, students will receive a 25% discount.
Take the Next Step
Apply online and receive your acceptance letter.
Grow as you study the scriptures and deepen your love for God.
Take what you learn and leverage it for the good of Christ's church.
Who Should Enroll in the
Historical Theology Certificate
|Sunday School Teachers|
|Bible Study Leaders|