- This event has passed.
David Smelser and the Civil Air Patrol will be visiting RTS Jackson on February 13th, looking for any students who are interested in serving as a CAP Chaplain. David will have a booth set up at Patterson’s Porch from 12:00 pm until 1:00 pm during prayer groups/Hamburger Wednesday.
- CAP is an all-volunteer, civilian auxiliary to the U.S. Air Force. Their members include Cadets ( ages 13-21), Senior Members (18 and above), and Aerospace Education Officers (teachers, those interested in teaching about Aerospace Education, etc.)
- Their Missions include: Cadet Programs, Emergency Services, and Aerospace Education.
- The Chaplain can be involved in any one of these missions. The Chaplain must be endorsed by denomination and have one of the following:
- a BA or BS from an accredited college or university
- a Seminary/Graduate School degree also from an accredited institution (degree can be Masters of Divinity, Theological Studies, Religious Education, etc.)