University of Kansas, B.A.
Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div., Th.M.
University of Wales, Ph.D.
About Dr. Sheppard
Dr. Craig Sheppard is Assistant Professor of Missions, Senior Fellow of Systematic Theology, and the Executive Director of the Center for Reformed Theology in Indonesia. He joined RTS in 2019 after serving as a visiting lecturer for several years. Before coming to RTS, he served eight years in campus ministry, followed by 15 years with Mission to the World in Sofia, Bulgaria. There he planted a church, established a translation and publishing company, and, along with missionary colleagues, started a Christian school for missionary children (the Sofia Christian Academy). He led pastor training conferences and taught Bible and theology at the Bulgarian Evangelical Theological Institute. From 2002 to 2009 He also served as the MTW Regional Director for Eastern Europe, overseeing the ministries of 65 missionaries in seven countries. For 11 years he also served on the MTW Policy Council, helping set worldwide missions policy and practice.
The Sheppards returned to the United States in 2009, where he pastored churches in Texas and North Carolina. He is an ordained Teaching Elder in the PCA and has been a member of three presbyteries, including serving as the chair of presbytery Theological Examining Committee and Moderator of Presbytery.
Dr. Sheppard holds degrees from the University of Kansas (B.A., 1987), RTS Jackson (M.Div., 1994; Th.M., 1997), and the University of Wales (Ph.D., Theology, 2009). He and his wife Lisa have five grown children (four sons and a daughter).
- “Supporting Missionaries”, TableTalk, July 2020.
- “Faithful Marriage as a Witness to the World”, Tabletalk, May 2019.
- General Editor of more than 30 translated works into the Bulgarian language, including:
- ESV-Bulgarian Bilingual Bible
- Instruction in the Faith, John Calvin
- Redemption Accomplished and Applied, John Murray
- Chosen by God, RC Sproul
- Holiness of God, RC Sproul
- Essential Truths of the Christian Faith, RC Sproul
- Let the Nations Be Glad, John Piper