Baylor University, B.A.
Westminster Seminary California, MA, DMin
About Dr. Newheiser
Dr. James (Jim) Newheiser, Jr., is the Director of the Christian Counseling Program and Professor of Christian Counseling and Pastoral Theology at RTS Charlotte.
For 25 years, Dr. Newheiser served as the Preaching Pastor at Grace Bible Church in Escondido, California. He is also the Director of the Institute for Biblical Counseling and Discipleship (formerly CCEF West) and an Adjunct Professor of Biblical Counseling at The Master’s College. Furthermore, Dr. Newheiser serves as a board member at both the Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC) and the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
Dr. Newheiser teaches many of the counseling courses as well as some practical theology courses. Jim has been married to his wife Caroline since 1979, and they have 3 adult children.
- How to Love Difficult Parents: Wisdom for a Challenging Relationship (New Growth, 2021)
- Money, Debt, and Finances: Critical Questions and Answers (P&R, 2021)
- Financial Crisis: What to Do When the Bottom Drops Out (New Growth, 2020)
- Money: Seeking God’s Wisdom (31-Day Devotionals for Life) (P&R, 2019)
- Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage: Critical Questions and Answers (P&R, 2017)
- HELP! I Need a Church (Life-Line Mini-Book) (Shepherd Press, 2016)
- Biblical Counseling and the Church (chapter contributor), ed. Bob Kellemen (Zondervan, 2015)
- Parenting is More than a Formula (P&R, 2015)
- HELP! My Anger is Out of Control (Life-Line Mini-Book) with Paul Tautges (Shepherd Press, 2015)
- HELP! I want to Change (Life-Line Mini-Book) with Paul Tautges (Shepherd Press, 2014)
- HELP! Someone I Love Has Been Abused (Life-Line Mini-Book) with Paul Tautges (Shepherd Press, 2014)
- IBCD CDC Level 1 Handbook (2013)
- IBCD CDC Observation Handbook (2013)
- Opening Up 1 Samuel (Day One Publications, 2012)
- Opening Up 2 Samuel (Day One Publications, 2014)
- You Never Stop Being a Parent, with Elyse Fitzpatrick (P&R, 2010)
- Opening up Proverbs (Opening Up the Bible) (Day One Publications, 2008)
- When Good Kids Make Bad Choices, with Elyse Fitzpatrick (Harvest House, 2005)
- “Jesse” Observation Handbook (IBCD)
- “Jesse” Observation DVD (IBCD)
- “Dan and Debbie” Observation Handbook (IBCD)
- “Dan and Debbie” Obersvation DVD (IBCD)