Covenant Theological Seminary, MDiv, MA
University of Edinburgh, Ph.D.
About Dr. Duncan
Dr. J. Ligon Duncan III is the Chancellor & CEO of Reformed Theological Seminary and the John E. Richards Professor of Systematic and Historical Theology. He is also currently serving as President of RTS Jackson. He served as Senior Minister of the historic First Presbyterian Church (1837) in Jackson, Miss. for 17 years (1996-2013). He is co-founder of Together for the Gospel, Senior Fellow of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (having served as both Chairman of the Board and President), and was President of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals from 2004-2012. Duncan served as the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in America (2004-2005). He studied at Furman University, Greenville, SC (BA); Covenant Theological Seminary, St. Louis (MDiv, MA, cum laude); and the University of Edinburgh, Scotland (Ph.D.). Duncan has edited, written, and contributed to numerous books. Ligon and his wife Anne reside in Jackson, Miss. They have two adult children.
- The Gospel as Center (contributing author), Crossway, 2012.
- Does Grace Grow Best in Winter? (author) Phillipsburg, N.J.: P&R Publishing, 2009.
- Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross, edited by Nancy Guthrie, (contributing author). Crossway, 2009.
- Perspectives on Christian Worship: 5 Views, edited by J. Matthew Pinson, (contributing author). B&H Academic, 2009.
- Risking the Truth: Handling Error in the Church, edited by Martin Downes, (contributing author) Christian Focus, 2009.
- Proclaiming a Cross-Centered Theology (co-author with Mark Dever, Al Mohler, C.J. Mahaney) Crossway, 2009.
- Come, Thou Long-expected Jesus, edited by Nancy Guthrie, (contributing author) Crossway, 2008.
- Fear Not. (author) Christian Focus, 2008.
- In My Place Condemned He Stood. (contributing author) Crossway, 2008.
- Preaching the Cross (co-author with Mark Dever, Al Mohler, C.J. Mahaney) Crossway, 2007.
- Women’s Ministry in the Local Church, Crossway, 2006.
- Worshipping God Together: Congregational Worship at First Presbyterian Church. (author) FPC Publishing, 2005.
- Confessing Our Hope, (contributing author) GPTS Press, 2004.
- Letters to Timothy, (contributing author) Founders Press, 2004.
- Should We Leave Our Churches? (co-author with Mark Talbot). P&R, 2004.
- The Devoted Life: An Invitation to the Puritan Classics, (contributing author) IVP, 2004.
- Give Praise to God: A Vision for Reforming Worship, (editor and contributing author) P&R, 2003.
- Reclaiming the Gospel and Reforming Churches, (contributing author) Founders Press, 2003.
- The Westminster Confession in the 2lst Century: Essays in Remembrance of the 350th Anniversary of the Westminster Assembly, (general editor and contributing author) Mentor,Vol. 1, 2003; Vol. 2, 2004; Vol. 3, 2009; Vol. 4 [forthcoming].
- The Genesis Debate: Three Views of the Days of Creation (co-author with David W. Hall, Meredith Kline, Lee Irons, Hugh Ross and Gleason Archer). Crux Press, 2000.
- Moses’ Law for Modern Government: The Intellectual and Sociological Origins of the Christian Reconstructionist Movement, Press, 1996.
- David Hall’s The Practice of Confessional Subscription (contributing author).University Press of America, 1995.
- Matthew Henry’s Method for Prayer (editor).Christian Focus Publications/Christian Heritage, 1994.
- The Westminster Assembly: A Guide to Basic Bibliography, Press, 1994.
- A Short History of the Westminster Assembly. Reformed Academic Press, 1993.