The Youth Pastor of City Church Marietta provides leadership, support, and organization to ministry for 6–12th graders. This includes the following responsibilities.
- Lead and implement ongoing Youth environments.
- Teach on a regular basis within these environments.
- Recruit, train, and provide leadership to volunteer leaders (ongoing, including leader training and socials).
- Cast vision for relational ministry to the volunteers and hold them accountable to building those relationships outside of the weekly gathering.
- Maintain a safe and welcoming environment by ensuring security requirements are met.
- Create opportunities for students to gain bonding experiences together (summer camp, rafting, park days, etc.).
- Ensure every leader has been properly vetted and background checked.
- Spend adequate time preparing weekly small group questions.
- Schedule other communicators in advance.
- Consider future opportunities for students to serve locally (City Serve) and globally.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Preach, as needed, on a Sunday morning.
- Assist with other opportunities that fall outside this description but will inevitably arise.
- Confidence that flows from Identity in Christ
- Humble, servant-leader
- Naturally seeks to invest into other people
- Dependent upon the Holy Spirit
- Team Player
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Developed organizational skills
- Responds maturely in moments of stress
A clear sense of calling into full-time ministry.
Seminary degree of at least a Masters of Biblical Studies is preferred (completed, pursuing, or intending to pursue in the near future).
In addition to submitting a resume, prospective candidates must also take the free Principles You assessment, which can be completed here: https://principlesyou.com The assessment takes roughly thirty minutes and must be submitted alongside the candidates resume.
Resumes should be submitted to Cecil Akrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
City Church Marietta
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
City Church Marietta began in September of 2015 as several families sensed Jesus calling them to plant this church. Since then, Jesus has invited us on a journey into four specific areas of life. The highest priority of the Church is reaching the WORLD with the love and grace of Jesus. We believe the best place to start is in the CITY He has called us to live. Bringing the name of Jesus to our city and world requires a gathering of people that produces change within our HOMES, that is only possible if Jesus first changes our HEARTS. Having these four areas in view, we believe Jesus has called us to join Him in bringing life to the broken places in our hearts, homes, city and world.Contact Via Email