- Cultivate relationships with middle and high school students with the purpose of leading them into a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Cultivate relationships and develop trust with middle and high school students’ parents to support and disciple individual students experiencing issues at home and school.
- Provide pastoral care for 6th – 12th-grade students and their parents.
- Ensure the vision and structure of Youth Ministry facilitates the church’s Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
- Promote the integration of students into the general life and ministry of the church.
- Promote intergenerational relationships.
- Lead, organize, and develop the weekly ministry to Middle and High school students.
- Teach Sunday school classes for both students and parents.
- Recruit, lead, organize and develop Youth Ministry volunteers.
- Lead and organize events, retreats, summer camps, and mission trips for Jr. and Sr. High students.
- Coordinate with Children’s Ministry (K-5) to develop and maintain a cohesive ministry for families.
- Actively participate in the leadership and planning of MODGNIK (MODGNIK is an annual youthretreat organized mainly by PCA Youth Pastors throughout Virginia.)
- Continue education in order to develop as a Youth Pastor.
- Supervise and work with any supporting Youth Ministry staff.
- Participate in staff life by attending meetings and staff events as required.
- Support and serve at church-wide initiatives and other events as required.
- Work and communicate consistently with Pastors and Directors to ensure cohesive ministry.
- Pastor on call for hospital visits.
- Participate in the preaching rotation and the administration of the Sacraments.
- Perform weddings and funerals, as needed.
- Participate in the rotation of Visitor Dinners.
- A visible and growing love relationship with Jesus. Attend worship regularly and maintain a consistent time of personal Bible study, devotions, and prayer.
- Four years of relevant experience preferred.
- Called by God to serve Middle and High school students through the local church.
- Master of Divinity
- Ordained or ordainable in the PCA.
- Strong command of the Scriptures and the ability to winsomely teach Biblical truth.
- Understanding of the current trends in American youth culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Eagerness to learn and a teachable spirit.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal emotional health.
- Team player and work effectively at own initiative.
- Administrative, budgetary, and organizational skills.
- Background Check
Westminster Reformed Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
Westminster Reformed Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America located in
Suffolk, VA. The city of Suffolk is a growing suburban city with a significant population of military families. Westminster’s mission is to image Jesus Christ by worshiping God, developing followers of Jesus, cultivating community, engaging in evangelism, transforming culture, and caring for creation. Our church was founded in 1969 and has approximately 900 communing members. We are looking for a godly, full-time Youth Pastor to join our team, effective January 1, 2022. Learn more about the values of Westminster at wrpca.org.