Position Title: Pastor of EPIK
Reports to: Associate Pastor (Daily Activities)
Senior Pastor ( Occasional)
Category: ** 20 hours/week**.
Purpose of the Position: To support the Open Word Christian Ministries vision, values, and discipleship model by developing and leading the EPIK ministry for youth grades 9-first year in college.
To ensure positive outcomes and successful transitions for
EPIK youth coming from Kingdom Kidz and nurturing their development toward College potential and beyond.
Providing leadership in this area would encompass four key roles: Guide, Catalyst, Coach, and Administrator.
As a guide, this person is expected to disciple youth online and in-person by creating and executing the youth discipleship model to foster OWCM’s youth’s spiritual growth within the ministry with clear milestones to ensure strategic objectives and projected outcomes are met.
This person will;
- Develop, coordinate, administrate, and integrate an effective and inclusive discipleship ministry process for students through the full activation of the 6 pillars of the OWCM Discipleship Model.
- Direct the integration and implementation of their discipleship process for all youth while consistently using technology and social media to enhance their ministry experience.
- Develop and implement a plan to promote youth volunteers and youth leadership development online and in-person.
- Provide opportunities for youth to hear respond and spread the Gospel message through various platforms (e.g., service opportunities, retreats, social media, fieldtrips, etc.).
As a catalyst, this person is expected to stimulate discipleship growth points online and in- person for the youth and youth throughout the community. This person will:
- Collaborate with designated leadership and consulting support in the planning and implementing of processes, systems, policies, procedures and standards for effective operations of EPIK.
- Provide leadership by staying on the cutting edge of inclusive youth discipleship ministry options, adolescent development, social media, and youth culture to enhance OWCM’s youth Discipleship processes.
- Coordinate with volunteer initiatives to establish ongoing online and in-person plans for recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers needs for EPIK (e.g., youth workers, small group leaders, etc.).
- Collaborate with Kingdom Kidz Lead to ensure smooth and positive transitions from children’s discipleship and also the transition EPIK to the next point in their young adult journey.
- Lead, develop, and implement discipleship opportunities to meet gender specific needs of EPIK online and in-person.
- Outreach to public and charter middle and high schools executing activities to recruit new students, evangelize, serve and assist other youth in their discipleship walk.
As a coach, this person is expected to develop leaders and teams through mentoring and modeling online and in-person. This person will:
- Establish healthy and respectful relationships with youth, parents, colleagues, visitors, and those within the community.
- Establish communication with parents, students and others in a timely manner, and keep them informed about opportunities to support the ministry.
- Provide mentoring and spiritual direction to youth and youth workers individually as needed.
- Participate in special events and strategic planning when needed.
As an administrator, this person is expected to manage youth, parents, interns, volunteers, etc. This person is expected to ensure EPIK is running smoothly and will:
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of EPIK including the establishment of system planning, administering organizational policies and procedures, developing long range goals and objectives for the discipleship model, growing disciples, and facilitating significant outcomes for youth via online and in-person methods.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets and yearly calendar in alignment with the OWCM discipleship model.
- Determine effective means for promoting and publicizing EPIK ministry activities online and in- person.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership – Model desired behavior as defined by OWCM’s vision, mission, and core values; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Operates with integrity and adheres to high standards of ethics; Accepts responsibility for their own actions; Shares responsibility for the success of OWCM;
Seeks alignment as a major priority while executing responsibilities of the discipleship process;
Demonstrates professional maturity and optimistic behavior under stressful and/or difficult circumstances; Upholds the Senior Pastor’s vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; and Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision of discipleship.
Technological & Online Competency – Demonstrates mastery of strategic outcomes with social media platforms, and is computer literate in Microsoft. Person will integrate these resources to enhance the discipleship footprint online and expand the growth and outcomes for youth. Continuously coordinates communication strategies with volunteer, media, social media, and technology areas.
Management Competency – Includes colleagues in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement where needed; Takes responsibility for subordinate activities; Provides regular performance feedback to upline; Develops subordinates’ / volunteer skills and encourages growth; and manages direct reports in a manner that produces results and drives efficiency.
Professionalism/Work Approach – Follows through on commitments; Arrives to meetings on time;
Recognizes ministry/business opportunities independently; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Flexible and able to adapt to changes in the work environment; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Designs work flows and procedures for successful ministry execution and positive disciple outcomes.
Interpersonal Skills – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintains them over time; Strives for “win-win” outcomes in working with others; Appropriately manages conflict; Receptivity to feedback and constructive criticism; Is solution driven instead of complaint driven; and Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and ministry outcomes; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Can be counted on to complete assigned tasks; Ability to build morale and accomplish group commitments for goals and objectives; Recognizes and effectively balances the interests and needs of one’s own ministry/department within the broader organization.
Financial Management – Demonstrates fiscal accountability in preparing and managing overall Youth budget; Works collaboratively with other areas to generate sustainable revenue, or donations where possible in accordance with organizational mission and strategic goals; and Leverages unpaid and paid staff to achieve higher results while minimizing expenses.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree (MA) and/or Bachelor’s degree (BA) with 3-5 yrs. related experience required.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED (Ideal Candidate)
- Experience in discipleship, small group training, and leadership training/delivery.
- Proven project management skills
- Proven social media and marketing skills
- Passionate about working with youth
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly (both written and oral); Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Natural leader and influencer
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve multiple problems simultaneously
- Must have good problem solving, administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to continuously improve processes and procedures
- Must endorse the church mission/vision statement and possess integrity and credibility as a spiritual leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Open Word Christian Ministries
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Open Word Christian Ministries is a church where all are welcome in love! We have a membership of just under 900 members which includes individuals and families from all walks of life, entrepreneurs, students, and many more.
The Vision of Open Word Christian Ministries is to open the Word of God to every receptive being and bring mankind to a clear understanding of their relationship with God. We are vested in building lives from a Godly perspective for empowered living in the areas of Family, Finance and Purpose. Through Education, Transformation and Application, we utilize our resources to: Build, Establish and Deploy Disciples within their communities.Contact Via Email