Youth Group Director
Provide leadership, oversight, care and coordination of all aspects of the youth group at The Redemption Church, in the hopes of raising disciples to know and follow Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate is a godly individual who can relate well with youth, parents, and volunteers.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister to the youth (6th – 12th grade).
- Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish youth group mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement TRC’s mission and vision as a church.
- Invest and engage relationally with the students through personal discipleship.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Teach and coordinate a week night youth group meeting and Sunday school following Sunday service with conviction, compassion and care.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
- Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Promote connection of students to youth group and to the church at large.
- Plan and manage youth group budget, under the supervision of the elders and finance ministry.
- Plan and coordinate an annual youth group retreat.
- Participate in all staff meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree. A degree in Theology or Bible-related studies preferred.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church (PCA).
- Prior youth ministry or church leadership experience preferred.
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Willing to submit to the guidance of elders and deacons.
- Work collaboratively with other church staff and members.
- Willing to complete a background check at time of application.
The Redemption Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Description of Organization
The Redemption Church was planted in 2010. In 2020, TRC became a particularized church within the Chicago Metro Presbytery and ordained three ruling elders. TRC has two locations, one in Lisle and the other in West Loop. The majority of the members and attendees of TRC are Asian-American in their early 20s to late 30s and there are many young families, particularly at the Lisle location. This youth director position would be at the Lisle location where there are about 10 students that are part of the youth ministry (6th to 12th grade).Apply Online Contact Via Email