Youth Director – Pastor
The primary responsibility for the Knox youth director is to lead a dynamic, Christ-centered, youth ministry to middle school students, high school students, and families:
Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed faith, Obedient to the great commission of Jesus Christ.
The work includes ministering to the church households, as well as seeking to proclaim the Gospel students in the surrounding areas. Depending on experience and education, the position may include ordination or preparation for ordination in the PCA as well as additional responsibilities. The director would work under the direction of the Pastor and under the authority of the church session.
For many decades, Knox has had a strong commitment to youth and family ministry. The current ministry serves 30-40 students per week with tremendous opportunity for expansion. The church has many supporting families who desire to build the youth program. The Knox facility is well situated with a dedicated youth room, gymnasium and two schools right across the street.
- Build a strong youth community and integrate the youth into worship and ministries at Knox.
- Reach out to the surrounding communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, screen, train, equip, and develop volunteer leaders and teachers.
- Oversee the Youth Sunday School Program and its teachers.
- Oversee the youth communing membership class in cooperation with the Knox session.
- Serve as resource and communicate to parents and families.
- Serve as liaison and resource to the Knox Church staff and session.
- Perform basic pastoral duties as assigned by the ministerial staff.
- Orchestrate and lead outings, retreats, conferences, and mission trips throughout the calendar year.
- Invest in the students’ lives outside of organized church functions.
- Conduct a life in step with the spiritual qualities of 1 Timothy 3 and have theology and convictions consistent with the Westminster Standards (Confession and Catechisms).
The candidate will display a love for God, His Gospel, His Word, His Church, and the Reformed theological tradition. Resumes should demonstrate experience working with an organized youth ministry and a bachelor’s degree. Seminary students seeking ordination are welcome to apply.
Knox Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Harrison Township, MI
Description of Organization
CHURCH: THE KNOX PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Knox is a 500-member church with an enduring history of preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teaching the whole counsel of God according to His Word. In 2010, the church became the first Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) church in the Metro Detroit area. The congregation is known for its enthusiastic worship, devoted fellowship, robust missions program, and dedicated youth and children’s ministries. Knox recently celebrated her 100th anniversary and enters into a second century of ministry resolved that, "the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5
LOCATION: HARRISON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN
Harrison Township, also known as "Boat Town USA," is located in the northeast suburbs of Detroit. The majority of the congregation lives in the immediate communities surrounding beautiful Lake St. Clair. Detroit’s remarkable revitalization now includes new businesses, restaurants, sporting venues, theaters and cultural activities. During the past decade, Knox has supported two PCA church plants in Ferndale and downtown Detroit.Contact Via Email