Grace Redeemer Church seeks to hire a Youth Director (or Pastor, if ordained) who demonstrates a missional mindset and a shepherding/disciple-making heart. The Youth Director is expected to shepherd, disciple, and teach students grades 6 through 12, as well as young adults, while equipping a team of youth ministry leaders and parents of youth. This involves a collaborative partnership with pastors/elders, lay leaders, and parents. These ministry responsibilities involve as much investment and interaction with parents and lay leaders involved in the youth ministry, as with the youth themselves.
For these reasons, the ideal candidate may come from any number of backgrounds: an experienced youth pastor, a school teacher who has mentored youth and interacted with parents over their teens, a lay leader who has demonstrated fruitfulness in shepherding adults and youth, or an ordained pastor whose calling is to invest in youth and families. We are willing to think outside of the typical “youth pastor box” in order to identify a candidate whom God has used to disciple and shepherd youth and adults and equip other leaders. Our compensation goals support the strategic value of this position within the pastoral/shepherding team here at GRC. We seek to invest in this position for the long-term, rather than treat this position as a stepping stone toward a future calling.
Overall Youth Ministry Leadership:
- Implement vision for youth ministry
- Collaborate with youth ministry team and pastoral/Session leadership team
- Actively shepherd youth parents to support/equip them in the discipleship of their children
- Recruit and equip youth leaders
- Oversee Sunday School ministry, including curriculum and teaching team
- Schedule and coordinate efforts related to weekly New Life Fridays (youth meeting)
- Oversee communication with youth families and youth leaders
- Invest in individual and small group time with youth students
- Coordinate annual efforts including the winter youth retreat and summer youth missions efforts
YOUTH DIRECTOR (PASTOR) REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrate core godliness. He will be secure-in-Christ, a man who has nothing to prove to his peers or to the flock. A man who preaches the Gospel to himself, and who models the Gospel to his family.
- Demonstrate a missional lifestyle, a shepherding/discipling heart, strong evangelistic gifts, and the ability to gather people in the context of an unchurched, secular culture.
- Relish the opportunity to minister within a fast-paced environment.
- Have a Gospel-centered philosophy of ministry and love God, God’s people, and the lost.
- Be able to relate comfortably and competently to people representing a Metro-NY culture that is highly diverse racially/ethnically and socio-economically.
- Have a teachable spirit; be a life-long learner.
Grace Redeemer Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Glen Rock, NJ
Description of Organization
Grace Redeemer Church (PCA) is a Gospel-centered, missional, multi-ethnic congregation in the midst of a highly diverse suburban county just outside of Manhattan. We were planted by Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City in 1999, and we have planted two daughter churches in our 20 years.Apply Online Contact Via Email