Youth Director / Intern
1) Opportunity to work toward internship program led by senior pastor (includes opportunity to preach, etc.)
2) Pray and seek your own spiritual growth through the ordinary means of grace, and pray for your relationship with the pastor, church leadership, staff, church families, and especially parents and youth.
3) Develop trusting relationships with youth and parents and with other church members volunteering to serve the youth. Engage them in winsome evangelistic and discipleship relationships as there are opportunities.
4) Teach and/or find church members who are qualified and approved to teach Sunday Worship Bible Fellowship, and junior and senior high Sunday school, plan youth outings.
5) Find and work with coordinators for regular needed positions (such as college coordinator, and meals coordinator) and special event coordinators (such as RYM chaperones, Barnes Retreat).
6) With assistance of church secretary, handle any administrative duties needed to plan, promote, and put on events, or have coordinators do this. File documents needed for next time activity or event occurs.
7) Work with senior pastor to reestablish controlling documents for youth ministry where needed: directory of youth, leaders, and regular volunteers; events calendar, master volunteer list, job descriptions for volunteers, curriculum templates, budget and projected spending, and vision documents such as mission and vision statement, principles, and yearly goals.
8) Budgeting, keeping track of money spent in doing ministry and submit for accounting and/or reimbursement to treasurer.
9) Meet once a month with senior pastor to pray and discuss youth ministry. Attend staff meetings.
1) Growing Christian
2) Reformed faith
5) People skills
6) Enjoys youth
Brandon Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - PCA
Description of Organization
Historic PCA church in Brandon, MS near Jackson with about 180 members.Apply Online Contact Via Email