Youth Director/Assistant Pastor to Youth
- Provide leadership and direction for Youth Ministry through development of one-to-one, small group and large group ministry.
- In consultation with session, determine, provide and oversee the teaching of appropriate theological content to reach and equip Jr/Sr High students.
- Develop, train and oversee lay volunteers.
- Seek to know parents of youth, keeping them informed of ministry efforts with their students.
- Pursue relationships with Jr/Sr High boys (one-to-one and small groups) to encourage, teach and seek their growth in grace, and foster such relationships between Jr/Sr High girls and their youth leaders.
- Plan and lead RYM Summer Conference trips.
- Plan and lead, along with other NTP youth pastors, the North Texas Presbytery Fall Retreat
- Attend annual training and engage with resources through Reformed Youth Ministries (RYM.org)
- Responsible for all Jr/Sr High aspects of Christian Education in coordination with Associate Pastor.
- Seek to encourage missions engagement, planning and leading occasional missions efforts either locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Various administrative and communication tasks needed to carry out effective ministry
- Occasional responsibility to prepare/lead liturgy, preach and administer sacraments.
- Other pastoral duties as requested by the session.
- Love for the Gospel and love for Junior High and High School students and their families
- M.Div. and ordained/ordainable in the PCA
- Preferred: Experience serving and leading in youth ministry
- Preferred: Experience/training with RUF/RYM as a student or intern
- Ability to disciple students, families, and volunteers in large group, small group, and one-on-one environments
- Ability to work flexible hours, meet with youth, engage in their lives
- Ability to plan and implement youth related events (camps, retreats, etc.)
- Ability to recruit and train youth leaders
New St. Peter's Presbyterian Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
NSP is a 15-year-old congregation in old East Dallas/Lake Highlands with about 400 members. Our youth demographic has grown steadily to consist of ~30 Junior High and ~40 High School students along with ~80 Elementary and younger. We have a great core of lay volunteers who love our students, but we need a Pastor to take the lead and build into this ministry. Also, we desire for this man to be a Youth Pastor “plus” more (see Description and Responsibilities). For more info, visit https://newstpeters.orgContact Via Email