Youth/ Associate Pastor
We are seeking a full time Youth/ Associate Pastor to lead our student ministries and assist our Pastor in all areas of church ministry.
Elevate is a joint youth group with First Baptist Church in Sister Bay that meets on Wednesday nights. Elevate is the only junior and senior high youth group in northern Door County. Average attendance is about 25 students, with roughly 1/2 of the teens not belonging to a local church. We have seen great spiritual growth over the past few years with 6 baptisms in the last year. Communicating the Gospel and creating disciples are our main focus.
Areas of Responsibilities and Leadership:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing biblical teaching, discipleship, fellowship, worship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Develop and direct the youth ministry team of leaders.
- Be actively involved with youth in the public-school community, including students, parents, and school staff.
- Schedule activities and events for the Youth in addition to the Wednesday Youth Group.
- Establish and maintain a biblical philosophy of youth ministry.
- Maintain an active, healthy relationship with partnering churches. (First Baptist, Door of Life)
- Detect and develop leaders within the Youth Group and help them develop as leaders.
- Participate in Door County Youth Coalition in networking meetings and events.
- Participate in northern Door County Vacation Bible School hosted at First Baptist.
- Cooperate with the Christian Education committee with vision and planning.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled church board meetings.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Help initiate and administrate general church outreach events and discipleship opportunities.
- Participate regularly in Bridges International Student Ministry. (Seasonal)
- Strategic planning with Pastor and Deacons.
- Assist in web and media creation.
- Participate in Village Chapel, an outreach service on Sunday nights in Sister Bay. (Seasonal)
- Attend weekly meeting with the senior pastor for prayer and planning.
- Attend monthly meeting with CE committee.
- Review and discuss annual job performance evaluation.
- Present vacation request to the CE committee and senior pastor at least one month in advance. It will be the responsibility of the Youth Pastor to secure replacement coverage as needed.
- Periodic meetings with Pastor Mark Billington, First Baptist Church of Sister Bay.
- Meet biblical qualifications of a church leader, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Acts 20:28, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:2-3.
- Agree with doctrine of our church statement of faith.
- Able to teach the Word of God accurately and effectively.
- 4-Year degree in biblical studies or equivalent
- Maintain a social life that honestly reflects your spiritual life.
- Learn of the unique social culture of Door County, with high tourism during summer.
Bethel Baptist Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Baptist - Other
Ellison Bay, WI
Description of Organization
Bethel Baptist Church is a Converge Great Lakes church founded in 1928 on the northern tip of the Door County peninsula in Ellison Bay, Wisconsin whose purpose is to seek to love God, love one another, and lead others to a faith in Christ as Lord and Savior. We are a smaller church with 60 weekly attendees in the winter and over 120 weekly attendees in the summer.Contact Via Email