Worship Leader- Part Time
Trinity Comunity Church (an Evangelical Free Church) seeks a part time Worship Leader (15-20 hours per week) with minimum 2-3 years of experience leading worship in the local church setting. We are seek an individual with a heart for facilitating worship and developing the vocal/instrumental team in a smaller church family. This person needs to be able to work with a variety of people, have a heart for the local church and a desire to bring people before God in worship with musical skill and quality. Responsibilities include leading music in the Sunday worship services and Christian holiday services, as well as weekly rehearsals of the instrumental and vocal team. Pay is negotiable based on education and experience. Position begins in August 2021.
- Ability to lead vocals and music for worship services on a primary instrument (guitar, keyboard, or piano) (10:45am on Sundays)
- Organizing and leading weekly rehearsals of music/vocal team
- Plan worship services and song selection in conjunction with the senior pastor
- Teach new songs to the music team and congregation with appropriate practice time.
- Administrate the schedule of musicians and vocalists
- Identify, screen, and develop talented individuals in the congregation for worship ministry by being part of the body life of the church.
- Work with the A/V Director to Identify sound & computer equipment in need of repair as well as new equipment
- Attendance at services and involvement in the body-life of the church.
- Plan service order and song selections with Senior Pastor
- Load weekly songs and order of service into online platform for volunteers to access
- Prepare and communicate items prior to rehearsal: song keys, song map, chord charts, and lyrics for projection.
- Lead mid-week rehearsal and prayer time with music team
- Print out order of Service to have available for music and A/V team on Sunday Morning.
- Rehearse songs for Sunday morning service with the team each Sunday at 8:30am.
- Christlike Character
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
- Adequate theological understanding
- Minimum 2-3 years experience leading worship in the local church setting
- Ability to work with a variety of different people and personalities.
- Ability to resolve minor conflicts
- Familiarity with CCLI Song Select software, online planning software, and computer projection software (example- Easy Worship)
- Familiarity with the follwing worship music publishers: Keith & Kristyn Getty, Sovereign Grace Music, Hillsong Worship, Bethel Music, Passion, Integrity Music, Indelible Grace Music, Traditional Hymns (variety)
- Ability to lead rehearsals with singers and instrumentalists
- Ability to train vocalists and instrumentalists to improve their skills
Trinity Community Church EFCA, Cary North Carolina
Contact Name & Contact Info
Evangelical Free Church (EFCA)
Description of Organization
We are an Evangelical Free Church in Cary, just outside Raleigh North Carolina. Our church was planted in 1995, and we have our own facility located in a 1-story office complex. Our mission is to make Christ known to all people and to make disciples of Jesus who in turn make disciples.Apply Online Contact Via Email