Worship Director & Discipleship Coordinator
Worship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the weekly worship set list and overall worship service experience.
- Collaborate with the Pastor on the weekly and overall vision for worship.
- Prepare for and lead a weekly worship rehearsal and Sunday morning worship rehearsal.
- Research new music and create any necessary rehearsal elements.
- Manage the musical and volunteer details of the worship service on Planning Center.
- Create all elements of the music and sermon in Pro Presenter.
- Develop and invest personally in a thriving volunteer worship team and tech team.
- Lead the appreciation of volunteer team members.
- Recruit, audition, supervise and schedule the Worship Team and Tech team.
- Strategically plan for future growth and development of the worship ministry.
- Supervise the maintenance of all musical and technical equipment.
- Supervise Sunday morning set-up and tear-down of worship and tech in rented facility.
- Supervise the audio recording and posting of Sunday worship service.
Discipleship Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the existing student ministry (5-12th) built upon the vision, mission, strategies and values of New City Church.
- Lead a Weekly large group gathering consisting of Bible Study, worship, discipleship groups, and fun activities.
- Enable students to study and grow in God’s Word.
- Develop and coach a team of parent and young adult Discipleship Group leaders.
- Execute periodic relational and connectional fun activities.
- Lead a culture of inviting and hospitality in connecting new students and families.
- Serve actively with an FCA huddle at one of our public-school partner schools.
- Develop opportunities for students to be evangelistic and on mission in their daily life.
- Accompany students to mid-winter and summer camps and church mission trips.
- Assist the pastor in developing the existing adult discipleship ministry built upon the vision, mission, strategies and values of New City Church.
- Assist in training and coaching City Group and Discipleship Group leaders.
- Personally lead a City Group or discipleship group.
- Develop Discipleship curriculum and materials.
- Execute men’s/women’s, marriage & family discipleship events.
- Assist in evangelism training and other equipping seminars.
- Lead a culture of inviting and hospitality in connecting new families.
- Assist in executing outreach events.
- Proven leadership experience in worship services that are musically inspiring, Scripture-filled, gospel-centered, mission-focused, relevant and celebrative.
- Proven experience, calling, character and competency as a discipler and leader of discipleship ministry such as small groups, discipleship groups or youth group.
- Strong leadership ability and organizational skills.
- A people person who is able to encourage, develop and delegate to volunteers.
- Musical excellence, vocally and instrumentally, necessary to lead the worship team.
- Ability to operate the tech equipment.
- Relevant undergraduate/graduate degrees are appreciated but not required.
- A passion for the next generation of students to know and follow Christ (if applicable).
- Commitment to New City Church’s vision, mission and philosophy of ministry and essential agreement with the theology as a reformed, evangelical church in the Presbyterian Church in America. Must become a member of New City Church.
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus who rejoices in the gospel and is committed to being discipled and making disciples.
- Sets and maintains healthy boundaries with work, family, rest and personal worship.
- A self-motivated learner committed to personal and professional development.
- A desire to be coached and encouraged by the pastor and collaborate in ministry.
New City Church
Contact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
Palm Bay, FL
Description of Organization
New City Church is a gospel-centered church plant in the east coast city of Palm Bay, Florida. Our launch team began gathering in May 2019 and we have grown to a church of about 150. Our mission straight from the great commission is, “to glorify God by being and making disciples of Jesus Christ” and our vision based in Revelation 21:5 is, “to see our city made new by the gospel.” New City is looking for someone to join our team in a full-time role who is passionate about leading God’s people in worship and seeing new believers grow together in their relationship with Jesus.
We are committed to Christ-centered, celebrative and contemporary worship and we pursue life-on-life missional discipleship and Biblical Community. The primary focus of this new team member will be taking our existing worship team to the next level. This role will also dedicate passion towards discipleship and has the flexibility to involve working with adults in our small groups and discipleship groups or within our youth ministry.Apply Online Contact Via Email