As Worship Director, you provide leadership, oversight, vision, and discipleship to our musical worship teams, tech team, and overall Sunday service experience. The role will include leading and developing a volunteer team to lead the church in worship that is considerate of the context of our community. This individual is a leader of leaders and should be a relational person with excellent and reliable communication skills and ability and conviction to work with people from varying backgrounds. We place a high value on racial, ethnic, generational, and socioeconomic diversity in our church and desire to see that represented in our music.
- Musical Worship Team – Lead worship regularly as well as shepherd and develop volunteer worship leaders and worship team; audition new individuals for worship team
- Scheduling – Schedule volunteers for worship and tech (sound, slides, & lights) every Sunday
- Tech – Schedule and train volunteers to set up and run tech. No experience necessary.
- Special Services – Helping with worship for special services as needed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned based on need, gifting, or passion
- Maintain a highly visible presence at worship services and congregational events
- Attend monthly volunteer staff meetings, monthly paid staff meetings, and 1-2 retreats/year
SPECIFIC WEEKLY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work an average of 10 hours/week. The work week is Sunday-Thursday.
- Regularly meet with and develop worship leaders.
- Attend all staff meetings, retreats, and conferences.
- Lead yourself in reading, studying, and growing in knowledge of God/theology, the Bible, leadership, yourself, mission, and our city.
- Fulfill the requirements of leadership as laid out in 1 Timothy 3, subscribe to our statement of beliefs, and sign the partnership covenant for membership at Resonate
- Strong gist of leadership, communication, organization, and time management
- Demonstrated ability to function in a servant/leader capacity
- Experience leading teams and accomplishing ministry through leading others
- 2+ years of worship leading experience, volunteer experience is acceptable
- Ability to sing and play at least one instrument
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Resonate Church was planted in Atlanta in 2012 through the Acts29 Church Planting Network. Our church has a weekly average attendance of 200 (pre-covid) with a large percentage of that being children. Our congregation is relatively young being comprised mostly of families with young children, married individuals without kids, and graduate students.
We place a strong emphasis on the role of the congregation in fulfilling the great commission. We currently have the Lead Pastor, Executive Director, a Groups & Connections Director, a part-time Family Discipleship Director, and a part-time Administrator on paid staff and a volunteer staff of 8 that oversee all of our programs.Apply Online Contact Via Email