Worship and Liturgy Arts
Emmaus Church began in October of 2007 with a small group of faithful people committed to seeing the gospel of Jesus Christ planted in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Located in the city of Redlands, Emmaus has grown to over 400 people who continue to carry that mission forward. Crucial to their mission is the understanding that they are the gathered and scattered people of God. The people gather on Sundays to proclaim and celebrate the good news through a robust liturgy. They then scatter throughout the week for relational application of the good news in Gospel Communities and their spheres of influence.
Emmaus Church is currently searching for someone to lead in the area of Worship Arts and Liturgy, a crucial aspect in the life of the church body. This person will join a strong team and lead in musical worship that brings glory to God, encouragement to one another, and hope to a watching world as they plant the gospel in the Inland Empire.
Redlands is a community of 70,000 people located an hour east of Los Angeles and an hour west of Palm Springs. Situated at the base of the San Bernardino Mountains, it is an ideal location for outdoor activities as the desert, beach, and mountains can all be accessed in the same (very full) day. Redlands is home to ESRI, the city’s largest employer, and an international leader in the production of geographical information systems. The city is also in proximity to the Loma Linda Medical University and Hospital. Because of this, the church attracts many professionals and students from these thriving industries.
Redlands is also known for the University of Redlands, the Redlands Bowl, which hosts summer concerts and events, and the Redlands Bicycle Classic, the longest-running professional stage race in American cycling. With its charming, historic downtown area, Redlands has become a local destination for foodies and a weekly farmer’s market draws families from surrounding towns. Though Redlands is in the midst of a very dense population reality, it has maintained a small-town feel that has earned it the title “The Jewel of the Inland Empire.” Politically, the city leans slightly liberal and about 35% of the city considers Christian worship services to be an important part of their lives. It is a beautiful place to live with plenty of gospel work to do.
Emmaus is looking for a strong and humble leader, with excellent musical abilities, who will lead the church in rehearsing the truths of the gospel through song with “undistracting excellence.” This leader will:
• Work with the Lead Pastor to craft the liturgy and singing for Sunday worship gatherings that help the body rehearse, embrace, and celebrate the gospel both cohesively and robustly
• Identify and equip qualified worship leaders to help lead on Sundays and share in the planning of the worship gatherings
• Be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, preparing, developing, and shepherding the worship and A/V team
• Oversee maintenance and purchase of sound and media equipment, as well as oversee the scheduling and training of sound and media team members
• Lead 75% of the Sunday gatherings as well as special gatherings throughout the year (Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, times of prayer and worship, etc.)
• Potential secondary role as gifts and desire fit an area of church need
• Fulfill the biblical requirements of the office of deacon or elder/pastor as taught in Scripture (1 Tim. 3:1-13 & Titus 1:5-9)
• At least two years of experience leading worship and teams full-time in a local church setting
• Strong vocal ability, proficiency in playing the piano and/or guitar, and in leading band dynamics
• Natural and joyful alignment with Emmaus’s doctrine, vision, values, and mission
• A strong team player and a strong team leader
Please visit our job listing and click “Apply For Position” at the bottom of the webpage.
Emmaus Church through Context Staffing
Contact Name & Contact Info
Christian Reformed Church (CRC)
Description of Organization
Emmaus Church began in October of 2007 with a small group of faithful people committed to seeing the gospel of Jesus Christ planted in the Inland Empire of Southern California. Located in the city of Redlands, Emmaus has grown to over 400 people who continue to carry that mission forward. Crucial to their mission is the understanding that they are the gathered and scattered people of God. The people gather on Sundays to proclaim and celebrate the good news through a robust liturgy. They then scatter throughout the week for relational application of the good news in Gospel Communities and their spheres of influence.Apply Online Contact Via Email