English Minister Responsibilities
- Preach sermons during Sunday worship service (one Sunday off each month)
- Oversee the entire English ministry including children ministry, youth ministry, college ministry, young professional and inter-racial marriage family ministry
- Lead and coordinate high school students, college students and professionals Sunday School
- Oversee and coordinate college students and professionals Friday night Bible study
- Oversee training of co-workers for the English ministry. Hold training session/workshops as needed
- Lead the visitation/caring ministry to provide counseling to the English congregation members and reach out seekers/non-believers
- Work in partnership with the senior pastor to plan and organize church-wide activities such as retreats, evangelical conferences and other special events
- Participate in church prayer meeting
- Meet regularly with the senior pastor and other pastors/ministers for ministry planning and review.
- Plan, organize and participate in community outreach activities and domestic/abroad mission trips
- Develop a vision targeting campus ministry and families of inter-racial marriages
CCCBR English Minister Qualifications:
- Bible based faith and doctrine
- Theological training with seminary degree
- Agree with CCCBR doctrines, constitution and by-laws (to be provided)
- Adept in dealing with youth6.
- Calling to ministry and confirmation
- Good communication skills
Open until position filled
Full-Time or Part-Time
Contact Name & Contact Info
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Description of Organization
For The Chinese Christian Church of Baton Rouge (CCCBR), the journey in faith began in 1979 as a non-denominational campus Bible study group. Monthly Sunday worship services were added in 1983, and the church was officially founded in 1986. Sunday sermons were delivered in Chinese-Mandarin and was translated into English in the early years of the church. We launched our English ministry in 1997 in response to the growing need for separate worship services for the English-speaking members, which consists of youth, college students and professionals. Currently Rev. Steve Hsia is our senior pastor.
Our congregation is primarily made up of ethnic Chinese from mainland China, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and North America. The church holds two worship services on Sunday morning: a Chinese-Mandarin service with approximately 90 attendees followed by an English service of about 40 people of which 30 are youth. There are also multiple Sunday school classes, fellowships and Bible study gatherings within the church.