Summer Pastoral Intern
New England was the site of so much of America’s religious history. And yet, today only 2% are evangelical Christians. New Hampshire is in the grip of the opioid epidemic with an overtaxed foster care system. It is hard ground but an important mission field where people desperately need the hope of the gospel. Christ Church is looking for a summer pastoral intern to assist in ministry, while gaining exposure to New England and the important work being done there.
12 weeks negotiable between May 20th and August 30th
Christ Church PCA and other surrounding churches in Northern New England Presbytery (New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine)
- Invest in the cultivation of future ministers of the gospel through the provision of ministry experience.
- Provide exposure to the ministry context of New England with the hope that students and candidates might consider whether God is calling them to serve in New England.
- Provide pulpit supply to Northern New England Presbytery during the busy summer months.
- Cultivate connection between Northern New England Presbytery and Reformed seminaries.
- Preach 4-6 times at Christ Church and Presbytery churches
- Assist in outreach through participation in Concord Market Days and Vacation Bible School.
- Participate in a course of reading and study with Pastor Ian Hard to develop pastoral knowledge.
- Attend all meetings of the Session of Christ Church and any called meetings of Northern New England Presbytery.
- The intern will have opportunity for further ministry through Sunday school and Bible studies, with additional responsibilities to be determined according to intern’s interests and Christ Church’s needs.
- Housing to be provided for intern for the duration of the internship.
- $4,500 in salary and $600 in travel/mileage reimbursement
- 1/3 of the compensation ($1,700) to be raised by the intern
- Send a letter of interest and brief resumé to Pastor Ian Hard at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include at least three references including a pastor or elder from your present church
Questions can be directed to Pastor Ian Hard at email@example.com or 603-225-7377.
- Completion of 1 or 2 years of M.Div. study at a Reformed seminary.
- Interest in serving as a pastor in the PCA
- Willingness to invest in ministry through support raising (see Compensation section below).
- Openness to serving in New England
Full-Time or Part-Time
Full-time for duration of summer
Christ Church PCA
Contact Name & Contact Info
Description of Organization
Christ Church PCA is church located in Pembroke, NH. Christ Church is a family in Christ worshiping in Spirit and in truth, growing together in God’s grace, and connecting the community with the gospel. https://www.ccpcanh.org/Apply Online Contact Via Email